Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure rejection

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

Could someone please help me with some of my files being rejected for exposure issues (overexposed?  underexposed)?  I have included an example file that was rejected along with the LR screenshot showing the histogram.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 4.49.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, to answer your question more accurately, could you post your shot here. It is too difficult to give an opinion from a screenshot.

However, judging from your screenshot, you haven't done any adjustments, so to get a start, you could try the auto exposure, see how that looks and work from there. Currently, it looks a bit 'flat'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto exposure is really a good start to get more structure to the image. You could also lighten the shadow.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is structure why a photo would get rejected for exposure issues? Even a correctly exposed but 'flat' would come under 'technical', wouldn't it?

Tamela, try turning on the clipping warning (both) and see if there's any issues there. it looks like your histogram pops off the top a little and maybe a patch of clipping raising a flag with the reviewer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help.  I have played around with the auto exposure as well as checking clipping on the blacks and whites.  Good lesson in paying more attention to my histograms.  Thank you DrSniffy, ricky336 and Abambo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines