Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello!! Im a newbie & getting Quality Issues Please Help

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My name is Misti Dawn and Im a newbie to submitting my photos to Adobe. I take mainly landscape, event & historical places photos. All are raw and unaltered with editing. I know some of the mosxt recent pics are not as clear as I thought they were and have some reflections and soft fuzzy lines causing them to not look clear. But other then that any feedback on the photos would be greatly appreciated. I am also improving my picture quality with a better camera. Thank you for all of your help and I truely apprecuiate your time.

220_F_692742692_zFBaUp49s8dDkNjd53ITbWou7BGLPo4c.jpg

220_F_692744635_D1SFJ9YD9RTZdda2fanMHRlsiMqUAX3y.jpg

220_F_692742750_2SwQb1s5eRTsCfbsvoY5HKEgguFeUEYj.jpg

220_F_692744720_GRzD6OxlGe02L6fC9xceZegdDlv9CuoS.jpg

220_F_692742716_RGuxlNSgLgA168N2FcDDuCL72fKIfH4v.jpg

220_F_692742748_oNFmeSat4iMUrLwBORu6zPWgsLKc49d5.jpg

      

220_F_692744825_uoTysDjTUMAWbxLnyv6TP3fks1mI1j9f.jpg

220_F_692744428_m1ubEZiRZmob1NVui0BBRJDl4itLmrNW.jpg

  

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

These are much too small for us to evaluate. Upload 2 or 3 at full size. However, it is very unlikely that RAW unedited images are ever going to be acceptable. Virtually every image requires at least minimal editing before submission. Leaning horizons are rarely going to be acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Purposely slanted horizons will never be accepted (nor will accidental ones). If a buyer should want something like that, they can do it themselves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are much too small for us to evaluate. Upload 2 or 3 at full size. However, it is very unlikely that RAW unedited images are ever going to be acceptable. Virtually every image requires at least minimal editing before submission. Leaning horizons are rarely going to be acceptable.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I appreciate the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't upload these images as they are too small.

Im a newbie to submitting my photos to Adobe. I take mainly landscape, event & historical places photos. All are raw and unaltered with editing.

By @MistiDawn13

Since the invention of photography, all good photographers did some edits to their images. It's an error to think that only “as is” pictures are good pictures. Even if you photograph for the National Geographic or if you are a nature photographer, you can develop (adjusting exposure and sharpness, even selectively) and crop your images. If you are a stock photographer, you can use all the dirty tricks to enhance your pictures, and every so often, you even need to add them to your assets to get them accepted.

And by the way: RAW files are not accepted to Adobe stock. A JPEG file is an edited file per se.

Important for stock is to have assets that look natural, not exactly natural assets. Stock buyers need pictures they could use out of the box, even if they will modify to their needs.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "tricks " if you don't mind me asking, could I please get an example. I would appreciate it. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "tricks " if you don't mind me asking, could I please get an example. I would appreciate it. Thank you

By @MistiDawn13

=========

Check luminosity values with Histogram panel.

Use Adjustment Layers to correct defects as needed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @MistiDawn13

Check all what nature photographers are not allowed to do: moving image elements, erasing disturbing cables, exchanging the sky…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crooked snapshots are unsuitable for commercial use.  Sorry.

Adobe Stock customers want highest visual & technical quality for use in professional projects.  TV commercials, billboard ads, magazines, posters, marketing and merchandise.

Read your Stock Contributor User Guide for more tips on what Stock is looking for.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Well, regarding quality issues, the first thing - independent of the size - is your composition; it isn't good I'm afraid. Taking shots at an angle like you have done is bad practice. It takes skill to have such a shot work well!

Read about composition!

Composition:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/photo-composition.html

Composition is part of the quality rejection notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Purposely slanted horizons will never be accepted (nor will accidental ones). If a buyer should want something like that, they can do it themselves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines