• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi friends, new here and learning the ropes. Help figuring out why this image was rejected?

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image was rejected for quality issues. The two ideas I have are noise (it's not perfect but it's not bad either) and cropping (perhaps the image would be more useful if it was cropped closer to the turtle - would this be described as a quality issue or something else?). Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

It looks like this turtle has seen better days. In any case, there seems to be a lack of contrast to the point  that it took me awhile to notice the turtle's foot. And his head especially is lacking in contrast. It could use some dust spotting throughout his shell as well. Composition could have been improved, rather than having the guy dead center. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this turtle has seen better days. In any case, there seems to be a lack of contrast to the point  that it took me awhile to notice the turtle's foot. And his head especially is lacking in contrast. It could use some dust spotting throughout his shell as well. Composition could have been improved, rather than having the guy dead center. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. I can definitely try to adjust contrast and composition. As for dust spotting, are you just referring to the small white flecks on the turtle's shell? These are real, but I can remove them as I can see how they might look like dust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I know they're real, but there are times when photographers need to take some liberties when it comes to reality. 🙂 I even went so far as to use generative fill in an attempt to fix whatever is going on with the back of his shell, but I was expecting too much of gen fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It often helps to see what you're competing with before you decide if yours is good enough to submit.

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=turtle

Be honest.  As a Stock customer, which image would you buy and why?  Whatever you submit to Stock needs to have highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  If it isn't as good or better than what Stock has, don't submit.  Go to the next photo in your stack. Rinse, lather, repeat.

image.png

Read your Stock contributor guide for more tips.

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @admired_cosmos2340 ,

The file is not completely sharp.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1725488087607.png

Also it is underexposed and has chromatic noise.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1725488154658.png

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The pic of the tortoise looks like it was taken with a smartphone. Quality of smartphone pics when enlarged, don't enlarge so well. You get compression artefacts, hence when enlarged, the pic looks a bit 'blocky'.

It seems to me, that you took this with your smartphone, and then just uploaded it to stock; this rarely is successful. There is always a need to 'enhance/edit' a photo before uploading it to stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The focussing plane is before the turtle. So, the asset is out of focus, which is irreparable. Contrasts need to be better. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines