• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How much do you earn per month at Adobe Stock?

Contributor ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that few people will want to share information.

But I would like to know the experience of the sellers whos wanna share:

1) How long have you been on the stock

2) How many photos do you have (and what topic)

3) How much do you earn in dollars per month?

I see that all popular authors have about 10,000 images. How much do they earn?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few people share their sales statistics. We have no way of knowing how much those that have large portfolios >10,000 images earn. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Popular authors have about 10,000 images. There were sales of more than 1,000,000 in six months (some profiles). So that's about $500,000 in six months, right? I'm talking about this page - https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/ru/insights/best/contributors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you came up with that sales figure based on the Insights page. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its written on page.

So this page of the most popular - https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/ru/insights/best/contributors. Alsow theres a text:

The purpose of this program, in addition to honoring our talented creators, is to provide information on what type of content is currently popular based solely on sales data.

Top selling items are determined weekly through the following process.
For each resource type, we create a list of the 200 authors with the best sales results in the previous week, taking into account only their downloads in the last six months. We then order the list based on each author's download/sales ratio, and the top 10 authors from that list are awarded the title of "Recent Top Sellers."

Authors have the right to be mentioned no more than once every five weeks. This selection process may be changed in the future.

And under the person's name and photo you can see the number of downloads over the last 6 months. With an average cost of 0.5 per download, you have to divide by two to have a income for 6 months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The label on that page is "Lifetime Downloads". 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I have different language version. Our version sounds like "Downloads" 🙂 Thanks! Anyway for example that guy https://stock.adobe.com/ru/contributor/200571845/Gorodenkoff made 500.000 dollars for few years. Its not a guy but company in Estonia but still)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you're assuming average sales of .$50 per asset. My average is closer to $1.00

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an example, also I have o.53 and I have seen on Forum somebody say 0.6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My average sale is 0.70. 0.89 per sale with all revenues, including the royalties for the free collection.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.73. And it's pretty consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much do you earn per month at Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started 3 months ago. I have a lot of material but moderator's time is very long now, it was 20 days, now 65 days. I made 35 usd for a couple of months when my portoflio was very very small (I dont remember how much, 500 pieces I think). Now its much bigger (since last days of May 2024), will see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started 3 months ago. (...) I made 35 usd for a couple of months when my portoflio was very very small

By @JuliO111

3 months and a couple of months does not go together. So you are a contributor for 3 months now, and the first 2 months you made $35. That's OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just first month I had 50 pictures only. I didnt count this time. Its long moderation here.

Then 20x, 30x more. So for second and third months I made 35 dollars together (17 dollars/monthly).

Now — my portfolio again become much-much bigger and I hope my sales will go up soon.

My goal is (dont laught 🙂 ) — 300 USD monthly. I understand that it is big number for Stock, but I have time, passion and skills (10 years in related fields) to achieve it. Anyway I love this place, MidJourney and everything. And in my real full-time job I use the same skills already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q:  How much do Stock Contributors earn per month? 

A:  Not enough to live on.  😚

At most, Stock is a nice opportunity to make a small second income on the side. It's not a replacement for a full-time job.

Contributors make what they make based on their portfolio's diversity, customer appeal, seasonal trends and the type of license the customer purchases -- Standard, Extended, Enhanced or Editorial Use Only.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Sales vary from month-to-month and year-to-year.  So nothing is etched in stone.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's just say I've made significantly more than I have so far from my Shiba Inu stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy! Thank you for your answer. But to see full picture — prices are very low for americans, but not for everyone in the world. I live in a small country in Europe, where a new luxury (but small) apartment on the first line from the sea have price 250 USD per month for rent! So for some of us Adobe Stock in the end can be almost real job. But if you living in USA, anyrthing less then 1500-2500 USD doesnt counts as real income, as I see it from here. But for us — 250 USD is already great for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q:  How much do Stock Contributors earn per month? 

A:  Not enough to live on.  😚

At most, Stock is a nice opportunity to make a small second income on the side. It's not a replacement for a full-time job.

By @Nancy OShea

Not enough to live on - this is my experience, and then you have the country's tax to consider. 

In the near future, AI art will replace this industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my country taxes are 1% (but different ones I know have 12-30%), plus I already do AI art only.

Also depends on engagement. Now I do this less than 1 hour a day, about 30 hours a month. But if you do this as a job and do it 8 hours a day, then it’s quite possible to produce a large amount of quality content. Thousands per month. And the more you do, the more professional the product becomes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't believe everything you see on the Internet.  Nobody is actually getting rich off AI except the YouTube influencers who make these ridiculous claims. 

If you want to pursue AI art as a career, fine.  But have a backup plan just in case.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case, it requires certain skills to put it mildly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back plan? 🙂 I'm not a student 🙂 I have good career already and also I have passion in AI. Also I use AI images in many places, they have already been seen by more than 250,000 people in few countries. There is a demand for this and it is huge. Adobe Stock one more opportunity. Don't confuse the fantasy foxes that are uploaded by the thousands with the real work of an AI photographer. This is already making money for lots of people and its just a start. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back plan? 🙂 I'm not a student 🙂 I have good career already and also I have passion in AI.

By @JuliO111

Have a job to feed your children. Then use stock for pocket money.

I know that some people use stock as their main income source. They say that, when they see that they got blocked, because of some infringement of the rules. But they are producers in low-income countries, and stock sells mainly in higher income countries, so effectively, 70 cents/licence does not have the same value for everybody.

You asked, how much you could earn with stock: it can be anything between 0 and hundreds of dollars per month. But it is no steady income.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, rules are incredibly important. I myself found several mistakes at the very beginning, a few months ago, and now I do everything without errors and inaccuracies and follow all the rules including laws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines