Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sell stock images?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new contributor,

Thank you for advices by contributors and Adobe prossionals, many of my images has been accepted.

Anyway, next step is what? Could anyone please help me out how I can sell my photos?

Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Hi @Henry23325772zods It's great to hear many of your images are accepted. Not everyone is as fortunate when they first start out with stock photography. Your photos are now in a mix with around 250 million other images. One way you can improve your chances of getting sales is to become prolific and keep submitting new subjects as often as possible. Find out what types of images are in high demand today. Work on sets of images that provide a similar look and feel or theme. Think about your end u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Have you set-up your Adobe Portfolio website yet?  It's free to paid Creative Cloud members and Stock Contributors. Use Portfolio to help promote and sell your Stock Collections.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036798993-Sharing-Adobe-Stock-Collections-on-Adobe-Portfolio

Also promote yourself on social media channels.  Visibility is important.

Successful Stock Contributors diversify their content.  They look at lucrative trends that CUSTOMERS are buying now and create image

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they have been accepted, you do not have to do anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what we all want to know 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Henry23325772zods It's great to hear many of your images are accepted. Not everyone is as fortunate when they first start out with stock photography. Your photos are now in a mix with around 250 million other images. One way you can improve your chances of getting sales is to become prolific and keep submitting new subjects as often as possible. Find out what types of images are in high demand today. Work on sets of images that provide a similar look and feel or theme. Think about your end user all the time. What type of buyer is going to use your image and for what specific application? Read about trends in advertising. Research best practices for keywords. Use your social and promotional platforms to tell your followers and contacts that you have images available for licensing and link to your content on Adobe. Best of success to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jain

I found your reply really useful.  I was interested in your suggestion to work on sets of images within a theme.  Does anyone know if it’s best to upload and submit the whole set at once?

So far I’ve been submitting images from sets, just a few at a time so I can keep submitting regularly, but I’m wondering if that might hinder Adobe from recognising them as part of a set and presenting them that way to potential buyers.

If anyone knows the answer to this, I would love to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Keyser Susie I'm glad that you found it helpful. On image sets, different contributors probably have different experiences. Obviously, you don't want to upload near similars. Otherwise, I think it's fine to upload themed sets at the same time, as long as they have story variety, i.e., establishing shots, medium-shots, details. For example, visualize brochure websites and how they license batches of themed stock photos to fill five or six pages. Include images that work as full-width headers where headline type can be placed in negative spaces. Then add various inset images that work for text areas and blog headers. As long as the variety is there along with whatever theme you choose, there shouldn't be any problem uploading them as such. Again, each submission is subject to a variety of review mechanisms, so I don't think you can know a definitive answer on this until you try submitting themed sets yourself. As for presentation on the site once your sets have been accepted, I imagine it would be good to batch them together for this. But search results so the buyer can "see similar images" relies on keywords, you as the photographer, colors, orientation, and other criteria, too, regardless of when it was uploaded. Come back and let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set-up your Adobe Portfolio website yet?  It's free to paid Creative Cloud members and Stock Contributors. Use Portfolio to help promote and sell your Stock Collections.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036798993-Sharing-Adobe-Stock-Collections-on-Adobe...

Also promote yourself on social media channels.  Visibility is important.

Successful Stock Contributors diversify their content.  They look at lucrative trends that CUSTOMERS are buying now and create images that pertain to them.  Such as:

• Aging,
  • Beauty & cosmetics,
  • Banking & finance,
  • Computers & technology,
  • Construction,
  • Cultural diversity,
  • Drone footage,
  • Education & learning,
  • Entertainment,
  • Environment & climate change,
  • Fitness & exercise,
  • Food, drink & nutrition,
  • Holidays,
  • Home & office,
  • Medicine & medical technology,
  • Mental health,
  • Personal relationships,
  • Poverty & homelessness,
  • Real people in social settings,
  • Science & math,
  • Sports,
  • Travel,
  • Yoga, meditation & spirituality.

Avoid low % sellers:  e.g. sunsets, clouds, plants, flowers & pets. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your and above's advice.

This is very helpful and delight me very much.

I will keep prolific and hope to be better contributor.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines