• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need some critic

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody, new to this and need some critic about my picture to improve, sorry for my bad english.

P7200089.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise in Shadow areas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if there are two photos in this one is only 40% on a different level and flattened to one. Very unclear all around. Best to present sharply focused single photo. Check the Adobe Stock for similar photos. Perhaps go through the new member tutorial on how to present and what things to present. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advise!. This is a one photo, with reflection of the bulding in a granite wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I could tell it was the reflection but it was not very clear. Can you sharpen the reflection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't sharpen the reflection so much no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer, do you see something more to improve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great picture, but it would not be suited for Adobe stock, I suppose.

First it violates intellectual property as I suppose the architect is not dead for more then 70 years. Second the noise level is quite high (someone mentioned noise in the shadow areas, but I see noise all over the picture). Third: there are artifacts comming probably from sharpening. The noise can also be introduced by the sharpening.

What where your camera parameters? What did you do in post with this image? That’s what I would like to read.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, very helpful. Parameters are iso 100, f / 1,8 and shutter speed 1/30 seg. About post procesing i can't tell so much because english is not my mother language and to basic for a detailed description, sorry. Really apreciate the time you spend in answer me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am telling from my own experience, While uploading images at Adobe zoom photo at 100% or above  and see if there are noises or artifacts as seen in your above photo. Avoid uploading images only which need minimum post processing. At adobe images having post processing get rejected mostly.

So try taking photo at various ISO and shutter speed whatever settings available in your camera and submit. You can learn about it i various photography blogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you name claims, there are quite no doubts on what you say.

For stock images it is important that the one buying your image has all its options therefore he should be able to buy a perfect image with little postprocessing as he will add to that on his own. (The buyer may also be a she ...)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines