• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issues with the indexing of several of my images

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help, unfortunately once again I am having issues with the indexing of several of my images. quite a few of my images are not showing up in the search. If one inserts the file number it will come up, however if you do a search on the the main subject in the title it will not appear. I started to notice it on one image and it was re-indexed and it is shows up now. Has anyone had this happen to them? I am in the US and these images have been approved one month or more ago. 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

When I phrased the search "white horse" jumping rider (thus eliminating horses that aren't white), yours appear on the first page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you have too much competition from other inventory with recent sales which pushes them higher up on search results.  But that's only a guess.

Which title & keywords are you using to identify it?  Are they spelled correctly?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image has had 200+ downloads on another site and I wondered why it didn't show up here anywhere. I searched with  "white horse jumping" and "horse jumping" however, you can find it with the image number, but not with search terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not AI,  I shot of one of our equestrian olympic team members

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other sites are not Adobe Stock. 😶

711,733 results for "white horse"

25,224 results for "white horse jumping"

8,548 results for "rider on white horse jumping"

591 results for "red rider on white horse jumping"

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I said when I search term of "white horse jumping" or just "horse jumping" the image does not appear anywere in the 25,224 results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I said when I search term of "white horse jumping" or just "horse jumping" the image does not appear anywere in the 25,224 results.

By @Jennaystock

Only the first 100 pages get shown. You need to be more selective with your search terms.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your complete title?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"White horse jumping with rider riding at equestrian showjumping equine competition"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search on your precise, complete title, and you'll probably find it; unless there are so many other assets with the exact same title that it doesn't show up the first page or so...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"White horse jumping with rider riding at equestrian showjumping equine competition"

I have searched all 100 pages of horse jumping ...which is quite a few images and did not find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it will come up then if I search on the entire title, but most buyers looking for horses jumping are not going to know to put in the entire title, most would type "horse jumping' which is why I am concerned that it does not show up in all 100 pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buyers will have a specific image in mind. If they don't want a riderless "white horse jumping" they will add "rider" to their search words, and that narrows the search by half. Perhaps further describe the rider as: "rider with red coat"

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I phrased the search "white horse" jumping rider (thus eliminating horses that aren't white), yours appear on the first page.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for pointing this out! I think I will delete this image and re title it and leave out white as most horse people needing a jumper image will not care about color.  Getting a better understand of how the search engines work has taught me that shorter titles might work better for me! Thanks again for your help in pointing this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have one more question, if one decides to change the title or keywords once the image has been approved and is now in the collection,, when does the image get re-indexed to reflect the new title or keywords used in the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't delete "white" from the title. If someone really wants a white horse, it will help to elevate the image higher in the rankings, since the title and first 10 keywords are the most important in terms of ranking. Re-indexing doesn't occur instantanteously, but I don't think it takes more than a day or so...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay thanks for the info! Even though I am not new to stock I am learning something new everyday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when does the image get re-indexed to reflect the new title or keywords used in the image?

By @Jennaystock

We do not have this information, but there is no reason to think that it is not "immediate"..

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines