• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macro shots rejected on Quality issues (WHY?)

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I'm just curiouse, I love toshoot macro but recent submissions have me questioning what im shooting. 

The below were rejected twice due to quality issues. My question is why? most macro shots are detailed section of an image with soft surround and background. I'm open to critisim just want to see what im doling wrong.

Siberian Iris 1.jpgBearded iris 1.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, Adobe does not seem to accept images with an extremely shallow DOF, probably because there is little demand for such images from their Buyers. Additionally, the database is already overrun with floral images. Keep shooting these for your own enjoyment, but they're not really good candidates for acceptance or sale as stock images.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very minimal depth of field. You'll need a smaller f-stop and longer exposure times. Also, flowers images need to be incredibly unique to get accepted to Adobe Stock, as there are already millions of them available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sahir39066467ibbt .

First I must say, when you're doing a close-up or macro shot you must use a tripod.

Secondly, Adobe does accept closeups like these but the subject must be clearly identifiable and must not be drowned out by the bokeh.

The first file has a camera shake. Also the subject area is not completely sharp and is a bit underexposed, thus not showing the details clearly.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1724702175721.png

The subject of the second file is not sharp and the highlights are a bit too high.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your depth-of-field is too narrow resulting in blurry photos.  That begins with your camera settings and focal distance.

These can't be saved in post-editing, unfortunately.

Understanding Depth of Field

https://photographylife.com/what-is-depth-of-field

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines