Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Order of reviewing uploaded images

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm relatively new and this is the first time I'm posting to the community, so hope this is the correct place.
Is there any method used by Adobe to select which photos to review first from our uploaded content? Or is it a random selection?
I thought the ones uploaded first are reviewed first, and I think it's mentioned like that in the website also (in the guidelines). The issue is, there are images I uploaded more than 2 months back targeting Earth day which is in April, along with some other images. However, they are still in the queue pending review while numerous other images uploaded much later have been reviewed on seperate days.
I know that review takes 6-8 weeks, but my question is whether there's a reason images uploaded much later are reviewed leaving the earliest ones, and is there any criteria to select images from the queue for review?
Since we upload content targeting particular days in the calendar, if they are not reviewed in time that's a pity, specially when we have uploaded very early.
So can't Adobe review our content on a first come first serve basis according to the order they were uploaded (or submitted).
Hope someone from Adobe see this and kindly look in to it.
Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

images used to be reliably and predictably reviewed on a first-in/first-out basis; however, that is no longer the hard-and-fast rule. We have seen repeated reports of older images being bypassed while newer images are reviewed. I have also experienced that. But all will get reviewed eventually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

images used to be reliably and predictably reviewed on a first-in/first-out basis; however, that is no longer the hard-and-fast rule. We have seen repeated reports of older images being bypassed while newer images are reviewed. I have also experienced that. But all will get reviewed eventually. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The problem is when our content is aimed at particular days or periods (father's day, mother's day, Easter, Christmas etc.) where delays would make it useless untill the next year. 

Since they have mentioned "Assets are reviewed manually in the order received", it's puzzling why that is not happening.

Anyway, hope they would sort it out soon.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. but I doubt that we will go back to the old days very soon.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For awhile now, I've had my most recently submitted assets reviewed within 5 minutes to a couple of hours when I upload during the evening hours. If I submit, say, six assets, one or two will be reviewed within a very short time. But never all six. In the morning or afternoon, anywhere from two to nine of my assets that have been sitting in the queue for a month or so get reviewed in the order originally submitted, as it used to be. So it's difficult to say exactly what's going on. As far as seasonal material is concerned, thinking ahead five to six months might be the way to go. And, as you mentioned, there's always next year. I just sold an asset with a Memorial Day theme that I submitted prior to last year's Memorial Day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your problem.  You must plan ahead.  Submit seasonal assets 4-6 months ahead of the target date to ensure buyers will see them when they need them. 

Content creators work on spring/summer projects in the fall/winter and vice versa. This gives them adequate lead time to create, revise and get client's final approval before the project is released.   And then cycle begins again...

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BJNM ,

I have the experience also. We do not know what process the moderators use. However, I don't believe the files are selected randomly. There might be other factors affecting the review process. For example moderators selecting files for review in batches whereby multiple moderators select multiple of your files that falls at different stages of their review processing. If my assumption is correct, breaks and days off would affect the duration for processing. However, as I said, we don't know.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines