I want to know what is the problem with my picture

Thanks.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Viewed at 100%, the flower petals become a little "muddied," and look as if painted rather than photographed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Hello,

The 'halos' around the out-of-focus flower may have been of a concern:

ricky336_0-1718359665587.png

The second thing to consider is that there are gazillions of flower photos in the database, so quite honestly, I wouldn't bother uploading such flower photos. 

Composition is another thing to consider as well.

Pink water lilly: fotografie, obrazy, grafiki wektorowe i materiały wideo bez tantiem (adobe.com)

How does yours compare to these?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

I agree with @ricky336 on the halo. But in addition you have a high noise level in the background and the focus plane does not lie exactly on the petal. As there are abundantly many flower pictures in the database, vetting of new ones is much more stringent than other subjects, less represented. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewed at 100%, the flower petals become a little "muddied," and look as if painted rather than photographed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The 'halos' around the out-of-focus flower may have been of a concern:

ricky336_0-1718359665587.png

The second thing to consider is that there are gazillions of flower photos in the database, so quite honestly, I wouldn't bother uploading such flower photos. 

Composition is another thing to consider as well.

Pink water lilly: fotografie, obrazy, grafiki wektorowe i materiały wideo bez tantiem (adobe.com)

How does yours compare to these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a nutshell, it's not Stock-worthy content.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects -- printed paper, posters, billboards, digital media and tangible merchandise. 

Compare your work with current Stock inventory to ensure your work's quality & uniqueness measure up to Stock's high standards. 

Also read your Contributor User Guide for more tips.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think it needs sharpening and the long white object needs to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @ricky336 on the halo. But in addition you have a high noise level in the background and the focus plane does not lie exactly on the petal. As there are abundantly many flower pictures in the database, vetting of new ones is much more stringent than other subjects, less represented. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @arturv16597247 ,

You have too much of a shallow depth of speed and too slow shutter speed. As a result too much of your subject is out of focus plus, the moving element is captured with a double edges.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your picture of the water lilies is beautiful, showcasing vibrant colors and clear details. However, there are a few areas where it can be improved. Ensuring that the flowers are in sharp focus is crucial, and using a tripod can help achieve this. The lighting is generally good, but soft natural light from early morning or late afternoon would enhance the image further. The background is a bit busy, so adjusting the composition to follow the rule of thirds could make the flowers stand out more. Additionally, managing reflections and using a shallow depth of field to blur the background can highlight the water lilies as the main subject. Post-processing adjustments in brightness, contrast, and saturation can also bring out the vividness of the image. Cropping to focus more on the flowers can improve the overall composition.

As someone with experience working on a website dedicated to flowers' names in different languages with pictures, I understand the importance of high-quality images to convey flowers' beauty and diversity effectively. This expertise allows me to appreciate the nuances of flower photography and the impact of a well-captured image on your audience. If you have specific concerns or notice something particular that seems off, please let me know, and I can provide more targeted advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines