• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR Codes question

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About the QR Code itself, I know that I have the right to sell my own generated QR Code. Also, I found many portfolios doing QR Codes but when scanned it will say "Happy New Year" for example... My question is can I sell a QR Code that will lead to a YouTube video? For example, I will put a description of the QR Code "Me at the zoo QR CODE" and when someone scans that code he will get the 1st YouTube video ever uploaded... I will make a PNG with a transparent background and colorful QR code... Also second question is this going to make any copyright issue? 

Thank you

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

I think you're misunderstanding how Buyers use Adobe Stock. Also, Contributors cannot use the names of pop stars, or anyone else for that matter, in their titles or keywords without getting express, written permission from that person.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the point is of such a QR code. If you search the Buyer's portal you will see that there are >80,000 images tagged with "QR code", so it seems unlikely that a Buyer would ever find yours.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what if I make "Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You" Youtube link QR code and then when someone searches for "Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You" on GOOGLE or ADOBE my QR code will be shown... Of course, if someone searches for "QR Code" I will never beat a competition of 80.000 other QR codes 🙂
And I think it is nice to have that QR code on T shift or sweater that when is scanned it will lead to that youtube song...
Also, I do not think this has any problems with copyright... ...or it has IDK???

Tnx 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're misunderstanding how Buyers use Adobe Stock. Also, Contributors cannot use the names of pop stars, or anyone else for that matter, in their titles or keywords without getting express, written permission from that person.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But what if I make "Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You" Youtube link QR code and then when someone searches for "Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You" on GOOGLE or ADOBE my QR code will be shown... Of course, if someone searches for "QR Code" I will never beat a competition of 80.000 other QR codes 🙂

By @John The Artist

That will get you banned.

And I think it is nice to have that QR code on T shift or sweater that when is scanned it will lead to that youtube song...

By @John The Artist

Print it on a jumper and sell that one, and you will see how fast lawyers for Carey can react.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure the QR codes on Adobe Stock either don't actually work, or give simple messages, since these are submitted as graphic assets and it's assumed the buyer will insert their own QR code (which are very easy to make for free on various sites).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QR codes are not part of the sellable items. There is no added value in a QR code. What is currently in the database are dummy codes. The added value is in the graphic around this:

Abambo_0-1708780042921.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines