• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused about what the quality issues are for this pic. I don't see any focus, over processing, or artifact issues.Killarney, Ireland - Reen Path Fawn.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fact: Whether a photo is soft or the white balance isn't optimal is an opinion. Only objective flaws should be grounds for rejection (e.g., artifacts or truly out of focus) for the very reasons you gave. People see things differently. And buyers have their own reasons for wanting a photo, which might not be in accordance with the opinion of a reviewer. I don't understand how that premise can be controversial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might add that re the photo in question, further post-processing was done using Topaz Sharpener and making white balance adjustments. It was still rejected. I have processed many thousands of photos and I know how to use the tools very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you just need to learn to accept the rejection and move on. I've had 307 rejected assets, over half of which were accepted after editing and resubmitting, resulting in an overall acceptance rate of 97%. Three of those were rejected a second time, after which I stopped resubmitting. There's no point, when I have dozens of other new (and previously rejected) assets to edit and resubmit.

But you're right. There are buyers who will purchase and be happy with assets that are less than perfect, whether photographs or AI. But that doesn't mean that Adobe is obligated to accept them. There is no accounting for tastes, either with regard to contributors or buyers. But that is no excuse for moderators to accept images that they believe are of low quality, even if some manage to slip through now and then.

Welcome to Adobe Stock...PARTICULARLY Adobe Stock. It's how it is and always will be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can assure you that I'm not obsessing about this rejection. I already have thousands of acceptances. What baffles me is how so many people think that subjective judgements are valid grounds for rejections. That's just people imposing their views on everybody else. Bad business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What baffles me is how so many people think that subjective judgements are valid grounds for rejections.

By @BKM26

============

I'm watching the Paris Olympic games this week.  Most events are judged by humans who must decide if competitors played by the rules and if their performance meets the Olympic standards of greatness.  Some athletes are disqualified. Others don't make it past the quarter finals. It's very disappointing for athletes who don't take home a medal.  But nobody questions the judges' decisions because that's what they signed up for when they entered the Olympics.

It's similar to what we agreed to when we joined Adobe Stock's Contributor program.  This is Adobe's platform. They make the rules. And we must accept their decisions. We may not like it but arguing and complaining will have no effect on the outcomes. 

You have two options: 1) fix your content to make it better and resubmit or 2) find something else to submit. Your choice.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The decisions of Olympic judges are frequently questioned. The same goes for all sports.

2. Athletes are disqualified for breaking the rules, not because of an opinion.

3. This is not a discussion about rules. This is about whether an opinion is a valid reason for rejection. Flawed photos can often be corrected, but there's nothing one can do about a subjective opinion.

4. Comparing this to the Olympics is ridiculous. Those are direct competitions with other athletes. Contributors can submit photos of the exact same subject, but with some variations and different nuances, and all be accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gymnastics judging is highly subjective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gymnastics
Figure Skating
Diving
Synchronized Swimming
Break Dancing (yes, break dancing this time around...can't wait for that one).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there are plenty of times that the judges' decisions are called into question. And! If you wanted to buy a video of a performance that the judges deemed less than those of the top performers, should you be restricted from doing so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Adobe strives to maintain a certain quality level in the database. Though one can always find assets that should not have been approved by a Moderator, that doesn't mean that they should lower their overall standards.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Off subject, but I'm curious...did you change your screen name from BKM26 to adpatable_interest16B8? Because my screen name was randomly changed on its own earlier today and your most recent emails still show BKM26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What shocks me is that your photo keeps being reviewed so quickly. I'm lucky to have one new image per day get reviewed. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I don't understand that either. All my other submissions are just sitting there for weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fact: Whether a photo is soft 

By @BKM26

I think we are talking at cross purposes here regarding the 'softness' of the lens. You are thinking about the effect of a 'soft' photo that a specific lens can produce, such as in portraiture photography. This can be an opinion of whether it is a good effect or not.

I am referring to the quality of a lens that due to its construction, produces an image that isn't as sharp. It's in focus, but the image is 'soft'.  Such lenses are made more cheaply, than let's say a Canon L lens, which is way more expensive, but produces a much sharper result.

The quality of a photo depends on the build quality of a lens. This is fact.

Your photo of the deer as it stands, does have some technical flaws, namely, focus and white balance. Whether this is to be seen as an opinion or an objective fact - I guess is an opinion (based on fact?).

So, in response to your photo, after reading the opinions here, do you agree with them? Are any opinions mentioned here in your opinion, valid, or are we all barking up the wrong tree? 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from focus and lighting issues, the color balance is off.  To my eye, there's too much bluish tint.  And the deer has a purple backside. 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

Read your Stock Contributor User Guide for more tips.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accept it's a bad image in every aspect and move on. I hope your thousands of accepted images are a lot better ..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines