• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quite a few of my pictures which feature totally natural sunsets with not filters have been rejected

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allot of my photos have been rejected for an artefact reason, however, there has been no filters applied and all colourations of the sky are natural others taken in the same series have been accepted. Could some more information be provided.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, We will need a few of the photos to see what the problems might be. Just for fun, you tell us what your guess, based on Adobe Stock Guidelines. These guidelines are worth reading - not just once.  Best regards, JH

For  you to be able to achieve better image results and get offerings accepted into Adobe Stock go to   https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have obviously read the Adobe stock Guidelines and am asking for more information. So thanks for being rude. I mean just for fun though. Do you provide help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie, Sorry if you felt I was a bit rude. Not intended thus. I was quite serious, we do need to actually see the things rejected to be able to tell you what we see as the reason for rejections. Yes, we provide help but not without the photo or artwork here for us to examine. I am an illustrator first and sometimes a photographer who submits my work to Adobe Stock and I still read the guidelines. What was the reason posted with the rejection and do send us the photo(s) We will get right back to you.  Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand how disappointed you feel with most of your photos rejected. I will assume your reluctance to upload photo for us to see, is as a result of you having difficulty doing so. It would be easier for us to identify the actual issue, however I will try to help the best way I can.

From your comment I am made to understand that you're aware that limited post processing is encouraged. Therefore I will not elaborate on that. In most cases if not all artifacts refers to grain and/or noise in your photos. My experience taught me that even during a series of photo shoot whereby settings remain the same, more grains appear on some than others. (In my case this result in the need to discard some of these photos.) You can identify noise in darker places on your photos. Grains can be identified at smooth places. You however need to zoom your photos to 100% and more to identify some noise or grains - up to 200% is advised.

ISO determine how grainy your photo is. Low ISO gives fast shutter speed and works better in well lit areas such as outdoor during the day. Low light, on the other hand, require slower shutter speed, hence higher ISO. Now with higher ISO more grain is introduced, hence the need to increase the in-camera exposure to compensate for the lowlight; and depending on how dark, wide angle helps to capture more of whatever light available. This will require practice since you can sometimes end-up with over exposure. During a series of outdoor shoots at day, light quality changes sometimes depending on cloudiness. I'm not sure if that was your case during your shoots.  If there's not too much noise you can correct it with you editor. Adobe has a nice compact manual at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle . Tap/click on "Adobe Stock Contributor Guide". Tap/click on the link. A PDF will open. In the content tap/click on the page number for "The Review Process". See what you can glean from "Improve Your Content Game". The following page might also be useful Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success |​ . Depending on your needs you can follow the "Useful Links" at the end of the PDF Guide. I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jacquelingphoto2017 This is an excellent and useful reply. The best we can offer - given no photographs accompanied this photo - is present links to places containing Adobe information which the contributing photographer may read. Hopefully, the contributor can discover more ways to improve and gain increased acceptance of their work. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines