Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Picture

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I got a rejected picture and don't know why. Can anyone help me?

Thanks already.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Thanks for the help. Thought about that but didn't know if they look so close at that. I mean, it could be on purpose. But at least that is easily correctible. 

By @Reto26171912qe8s

There is a difference of doing something on purpose and getting the picture accepted. 

The main issue is the DOF, and that is incorrigible. However, it may well be that after correction of the exposure and careful adjustment of the sharpness, that the asset gets accepted. 

The overall impression is rather nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two main leaves seem to be near enough on the same plane that the one in the background should be as sharply focused as the one in the foreground. The edges of the frame also have some details that don't add much to the composition and could probably be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast response. That helps a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I cleaned up the edges of the frame. Note that this is not necessarily the reason for rejection, but what I would have personally done myself to bring more focus to the center of the subject. But note in this screenshot that I asked Photoshop to select the subject, and it completely ignored the leaf in the background, being as out of focus it appears to be. (It's difficult to see, but there is a selection around the foregound leaf.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 1.42.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I see your point! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick look at the histogram reveals that the image is about 1/2 stop underexposed.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. Thought about that but didn't know if they look so close at that. I mean, it could be on purpose. But at least that is easily correctible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that use of the histogram is part of the moderator's process for reviewing images to determine if they are properly exposed.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Reto26171912qe8s

There is a difference of doing something on purpose and getting the picture accepted. 

The main issue is the DOF, and that is incorrigible. However, it may well be that after correction of the exposure and careful adjustment of the sharpness, that the asset gets accepted. 

The overall impression is rather nice.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Reto26171912qe8s ,

You have a good composition to capture both leaves, however you did not set your camera for enough depth of field to capture both leaves sharply.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1714941487228.png

If the intent was for one leaf, your composition would be poor. 

Setting aside composition, there's still not enough dept of field to capture the closer leaf completely sharp.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1714941626708.png

Also the capture is underexposed.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

To give you some more food for thought, fix the contrast. Fixing the contrast would also fix the exposure issue. Currently, the photo is flat!

However, in this case the composition could be better. I think you need to isolate the leaves more. The leaf that is slightly out of focus should be in focus. You should also try to make the two leaves 'pop' more. As it stands they tend to get lost with the other leaves in the background. The leaves do not stand out.

Finally, have you thought about its commercial application? What can they be used for?

Adobe Stock is aimed at commercial use, it's not an art gallery. I think people tend to forget about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines