• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitting Editorial Photos

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a relatively new contributor to Adobe Stock. I have to be honest and say that I am somewhat disappointed that I cannot submit a load of images, because they are considered 'Editorial'. In my case, the images I want to submit are non-news type images showing recognisable property such as buildings etc. Apparently, I can, but I have to achieve 1000 downloads first! That will take me years before I get to that number.

I'm really curious to know why you have this ridiculous rule? It makes no sense. All of your main competitors allow the uploading of editorial straight away. With the recent exodus of contributors from a very well known library (because of the massive reduction in their contributor rates), this could have been a golden opportunity for Adobe to welcome them by allowing editorial submissions, regardless of the number of downloads you've had.

I would be grateful if you give an explanation why this rule is in place and if you have any plans to relax it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's very simple: Adobe don't like getting sued. Nor would you like it, as they would pass on the cost of getting sued to you. No, selling 1000 images doesn't give you the right to ignore intellectual property law. It does allow you to submit certain photos for a narrower sales outlet.  By the way, I don't speak for Adobe, and Adobe do not come here to justify their policies, especially with regard to legal positions. Professionals don't loop for loophioles: they find ways to get releases or they photograph something else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines