Exit

Sudden account suspension

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all)
Cry for help!!!
My account was blocked, explaining that the video that I posted 2 years ago, which was checked and approved by the site moderators, suddenly turned out to be copyrighted.
Although I made this video myself, I still have the Affter Effects project where I made this video, I have all the data saved on the computer proving that this video was made by me and not by someone else.
There are no replies to letters.
I can't access my page, I can't withdraw my earned money, I can't do anything!!!
I am very upset and shocked!!!
Tell me, please, how to act in such a situation?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

My account was blocked, explaining that the video that I posted 2 years ago, which was checked and approved by the site moderators, (...)

By @YAUHENI246288948n9e

Not relevant.

(...) suddenly turned out to be copyrighted.
Although I made this video myself, I still have the Affter Effects project where I made this video, I have all the data saved on the computer proving that this video was made by me and not by someone else.

By @YAUHENI246288948n9e

Someone made a claim. That claim gets verified

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copyright complaints are covered by a law called DMCA. This law means that if Adobe receives a complaint they must remove the asset from their web site immediately, without judging the merits of the claim. They must then notify the person who created the asset, to give a chance. The asset must stay offline.    https://www.upcounsel.com/dmca-claim (my interpretation only, I am not a lawyer)

Adobe go further than the bare requirements of the law by blocking accounts, but their contract with you giv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Regardless as to whether you are right or wrong, Adobe can cancel your account. Those were the terms that you agreed to. Try to make contact over contributor-support. If they do not respond, you are out of luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My account was blocked, explaining that the video that I posted 2 years ago, which was checked and approved by the site moderators, (...)

By @YAUHENI246288948n9e

Not relevant.

(...) suddenly turned out to be copyrighted.

By @YAUHENI246288948n9e

Someone made a claim. That claim gets verified. You need to wait for the investigation to conclude. I suppose in the multiple letters you sent to Adobe contributor support, you clarified that the video is copyrighted by you. So, you simply need to wait. And as long as this investigation is ongoing, your account stays suspended.

Use that time to produce new assets. You can't do anything different.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually extremely worrying. That a person can spend time and produce something.., upload it, someone else can download it, launch a claim, get your account suspended and all monies in the account taken or frozen.

adobe should give a person accused of copyright the benefit of doubt and actually investigate it before suspending/witholding monies 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copyright complaints are covered by a law called DMCA. This law means that if Adobe receives a complaint they must remove the asset from their web site immediately, without judging the merits of the claim. They must then notify the person who created the asset, to give a chance. The asset must stay offline.    https://www.upcounsel.com/dmca-claim (my interpretation only, I am not a lawyer)

Adobe go further than the bare requirements of the law by blocking accounts, but their contract with you gives them the right to do this. It's vital to respond quickly and completely to a copyright complaint, since Adobe clearly have a zero tolerance approach. In filing a counter claim,
you also need to cover any elements used in making the work (for example, downloaded images, or photos of actual products like toys or cars, accidental logos on clothing, or drawings styled on a recognisable object). 
Respond once, respond well, and wait. Experience shows Adobe do not like repeated emails and may even block you for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's life. But Adobe needs to take its precautions. If there is a claim, it needs to get a follow-up. I can't say more than this. 

BTW: the contributor agreement says, that they can suspend your account anytime for no reason. You agreed to those terms. They don't suspend contributors for no reason, but that clause basically leaves you little options, as you can't claimmthat the reason is not a valid one. 

In your case, it is a very valid one, and Adobe needs to take any claim serious. If you are not OK with this, you will need to quit. Adobe's turf, Adobe's rules.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, there is another possibility. It might be that Adobe themselves found copyright material, that the copyright holder does not complain. For example, they might have noticed "scotch tape" in the keywords, or a picture of the Empire State Building by night, or a clothing design with three stripes, or... in this case they may have actively removed it BEFORE getting sued. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless as to whether you are right or wrong, Adobe can cancel your account. Those were the terms that you agreed to. Try to make contact over contributor-support. If they do not respond, you are out of luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines