• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waited 2 months and images got rejected due to quality issues

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I need help. I uploaded some flag images for Paris 2024, but all images got rejected due to quality issues. I can't figure out why. Shutterstock accepted them within a few days. I look forward to your feedback. Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe isn't Shutterstock. 🙂 To me, the images lack contrast and appear underexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighten up the Italian flag, maybe a little contrast and resubmit. The German flag should never have been submitted, don't submit a flag which is not waving!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @daniellei4510 that they are bit underexposed. In the first image, the whites actually appear to be gray. 
I agree with @oleschwander that the second image would never sell, even it were accepted, because you can't actually tell which country is represented.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. I lightened the flag and increased the contrast. Better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sky still looks dead. I'd go even bright with the blues.

7M303069.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still struggling a bit with brightening up the flag. The problem is that the whites will lose dynamic range. I have uploaded the image (underexposed?!?) to achieve the highest dynamic range. My idea was that the customer should brighten the flag or the photo themselves if they wish.

Rejected first version:

7M303069-1.jpg

New bright version:

7M303069-4.jpg

Is this an error in my thinking?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you could still go brighter. As far as assuming the buyer will make adjustments on their own, there's no guarantee that the buyer would even know how to do that, or they want it done correctly "right out of the box." That's certainly the logic that the moderators are going by. Here's your latest (on top) with my original correction on the bottom.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Got it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7M303069.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock customers are looking for high quality commercial assets to use in professional projects -- print, digital and textile.

Adobe Stock has 100 pages of Italian Flag in their inventory.  Do they really need more?  As a customer, would you buy yours over these?

Italian Flag

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to look for flags on flagpoles and not for all italian flags. We actually sell flags. But since a lot of people are stealing our photos from our online store, we have decided to offer photos directly on Adobe Stock. We already reached 130 downloads this year with isolated table flag photos. That said, yes, they need more. 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are not real sharp, there are compression artifacts in the sky and there are dust spots in the sky which can be seen at 300%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right, I removed many "dust spots", but overlooked the last one. The "dust spots" are birds flying in the sky. I use RAW in Lightroom and export 100% JPG. I never thought in my life that the requirements would be so high. I appreciate your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @maxflags-chris ,

I agree that the first flag seem underexposed. The second flag is not sharp. 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For future editing, what programme do you use, are these taken in raw or JPEG?

If using raw - and even JPEG - you should enhance them using a photo editing programme - Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom etc.

You have to look at exposure, contrast, alter the tone curve a bit and so on. The photo you submitted needs work, as it stands, there are reasons which come under quality - in this case, exposure, contrast etc.

Shutterstock accepts almost anything - despite people saying they have high quality standards -  it depends on one's definition of 'quality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use RAW in Lightroom and export in 100% JPEG. I'll have a look at Luminar NEO and Topaz Photo AI in a minute. I think I know what you mean. I assumed that Adobe Stock does not want any editing. My mistake. Thank you for your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines