Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why were these pictures rejected?

Participant ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Usually, I had to wait about 1-2 weeks for my pictures to be uploaded. This time, ALL of them were rejected. Here are 4 pictures as a reference. Can someone explain to me why they were rejected?

A_colorful_Buddha_bowl.jpgA_top-down_shot_of_a_nutritious_salad.jpgA_rustic_wood-fired_pizza_topped_with_gooey_melted_cheese.jpg

A_close-up_of_a_polluted_river_flowing_past_an_industri.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too dark and too blurry.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Read these links from your Stock Contributor User Guide.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The food photos are beautifully styled, but all feel somewhat underexposed. The first also has an extremely shallow dof with barely anything in focus. The final landscape image also seems quite underexposed, particularly in the shadows.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I feel that you could give a bit more room around the food photos. As you have cropped it really tight, it does not give any room for the photo to be cropped if necessary. And as mentioned, the photos are a bit too dark. You should have them better exposed, and allow a greater depth of field. It's too shallow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those pictures are such a high resolution, that I wonder if they were upscaled. This is particularly true for the food pictures.

The food pictures are on the dark side, but I think that the exposure is correct. You can discuss, if you would add more light to get the histogram peak more to the right, but basically, I believe that they are OK. Cropping, however, is tight, especially for the second.

Now, I doubt that you looked at your pictures at 100%. At a 100%, you see that not one pixel is sharp and correctly focussed. And it's not because of the very narrow (and IMHO too narrow) DOF, but simply all is somehow blurry.

And then, you have all those artefacts:

Abambo_0-1683795258737.png

Abambo_1-1683795268336.png

Abambo_2-1683795278784.png

Abambo_3-1683795288536.png

(My screenshots are taken at 100%, and the artefacts are plainly visible.)

In addition, your muddy industry picture has that fancy flat look, that the buyer can easily do with a nice filter. But they can't restore the correct exposure if they needed. So that too is a no-go:

Abambo_4-1683795500030.png

Conclusion: this was an easy refusal. I guess it was a matter of seconds only to push the refusal button, as soon as the assets reached the moderator.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines