Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection Consistency????

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so totally confused...

I have two images that have been rejected and I just don't understand WHY??? I made sure there was no logos or branding or identifiable info anywhere on the images. A simple search on AdobeStock for "Porsche" will give a number of results of images that are very similar and are specifically of the car as well. What is the standard that some VERY similar compositions are accepted and some aren't???? Also, I thought brand keywords weren't allowed either - yet when I search "Porsche" or any manufacturer as mentioned I can see many that specifically list that brand as a keyword??? How can that be???? When I did a search for "BMW" I even found an illustration that clearly has the BMW logo on the hood. Is there no consistency and HOW can I avoid this frustrating hassle - especially after waiting days for an image review to begin with 😞  GRRRR

Porsche 830v1_HDR_CLEAN.jpg

Porsche 830v2_HDR_CLEAN.jpg

other similar in the catalog...
sportscar - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stock

sportwagen - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stock

VOITURE BERLINE (allemande) ref 1479 - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stoc...

BMW logo on photo here:
z4 - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stock

BMW logo on illustration here:
Car - Buy this stock vector and explore similar vectors at Adobe Stock | Adobe Stock

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributor Critique​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you should consider generally, apart from what is to be found in the Adobe database at comparable material, that an agency does not stick for your pictorial material, but in the final effect only you as author of the picture for it sticks. The selection will do its best to support providers in the best possible way and to protect them from possible copyright infringements. But this is also not infallible and here one or the other of them may have slipped through what shouldn't have been allowed, but they will certainly be deleted at some point.

I think here you should look into the corresponding sources and guides to find out what is allowed with photos for commercial use in the stock area and even before uploading ensure that no rights are violated. Here you are solely responsible. So you are on the safe side and protect yourself from financial damage.... don't underestimate that!

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What was the rejection reason? Similar content? Then you answered your own question - lots of similar images - OR- property rights? And that can be a mine field! Remember there are images on both Adobe and Fotolia and maybe the other photos have property releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines