Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D view light not rotating

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I'm dealing with a bug where I can't seem to rotate the light in the 3D view with the regular Shift+RMB.
I am able to rotate the environment just fine and it does register in the UI that I'm going between camera and light.
I tried looking at shortcuts but it seems this version of Substance I'm using doesn't have a shortcut section for things like this? It only seems to have Node Creation Shortcuts (:

Rotating the light works fine when I'm in Substance Painter and a restart of Designer doesn't seem to fix it.

I'm on Mac M1 Max Monterey 12.3
Using Substance Designer 11.3.3

TOPICS
3D View , Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Hi

Try Shift +Ctrl+RMB

Edit - I am on Windows so on Mac may be Shift+Cmd+RMB

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try Shift +Ctrl+RMB

Edit - I am on Windows so on Mac may be Shift+Cmd+RMB

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Shift+CMD+RMB worked! Thanks a bunch.

Could you perhaps tell me where I could set shortcuts like these? It would be easier to just make it the same between painter and designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't know of a full list. In fact the Substance documentation refers to Ctrl+RMB to rotate the environment which does not work here. https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sddoc/3d-view-129368157.html

I'll tag Adobe's @Luca Giarrizzo who may be able to advise (and perhaps get the documentation page updated)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @davescm,

Indeed, the shortcut as listed in the documentation is incorrect. I have updated the the documentation page you helpfully linked accordingly.

The change should be public by the end of April, we have made several changes and additions to the documentation for our next release, and changes are published in batch.

Thank you for the heads up!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Luca.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines