• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any operation cause lags

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently I decided to try Substance 3D Designer on my Lenovo Legion 5 Pro laptop. It has AMD 5600H processor and Nvidia 3060 GPU on board. This config, as I thought, could suit my needs very well, but when I started making any nodes and any operations with them are very laggy. It would be better to show, so here a video. The most curios thing is that my performance metrics shows that CPU and GPU are not loaded at all (like 2-3% only) and there is still 60% of free RAM available. I also tried my desktop with AMD 3800 and Nvidia 1050ti and it works really smooth! Maybe someone can help me fix that problem? I also include error log, maybe it can help.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Hello,

These are interesting results indeed, thank you for sharing these details!

This behaviour seems to be specific to this system's configuration. Laptops with switchable graphics – which Hybrid mode likely is – use specific features of graphics drivers to make the low-power integrated GPU (iGPU) and high-power dedicated GPU (dGPU) coexist harmoniously with properly distributed tasks.

If the performance in Substance 3D Designer is good when hybrid mode is enabled, then I recommend leavi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for the helpful video and log!

I noticed your system has both an Nvidia RTX and AMD Radeon GPUs. Are you using an external GPU (eGPU)?

If that is the case, please try disconnecting the eGPU and let me know the results.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responce! Well, I have an interesting result (interesting in my opinion). So, there is the hybrid mode on a laptop. If it's disabled, laptop uses only RTX 3060 GPU and SD works very laggy. But if it's enabled, it uses also an internal AMD GPU. So I completely disabled Nvidia GPU and SD works really well (I also updated all AMD drivers, just in case). It also appeared that I don't have to disable Nvidia GPU in the hybrid mode, SD works well in that case too.

I'm not sure, is that a normal case and should I stick to the hybrid mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

These are interesting results indeed, thank you for sharing these details!

This behaviour seems to be specific to this system's configuration. Laptops with switchable graphics – which Hybrid mode likely is – use specific features of graphics drivers to make the low-power integrated GPU (iGPU) and high-power dedicated GPU (dGPU) coexist harmoniously with properly distributed tasks.

If the performance in Substance 3D Designer is good when hybrid mode is enabled, then I recommend leaving it on as the system was likely configured with it in mind.

Substance 3D Designer detects switchable graphics and will select the high-power dGPU to render graphs and the 3D View.

Your experience is very useful for us to troubleshoot future occurrences of low performance on laptops with switchable graphics. Thank you for your report!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines