• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best beginner material

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to learn Substance Designer. What would be the best and most straightforward first material to make in Substance Designer for a beginner? I want to get into it but all of the nodes and interfaces and settings are confusing me. Can anyone give some recommendations? Thanks! 

TOPICS
General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recommend you get started with our First steps with Substance 3D Designer course.

There is no such thing as a simple material when you really get into examining how things are built and interact with light, but here are some suggestions of materials that can be approximated without much complexity while getting to discover the fundamental nodes and techniques:

• smooth plastics or metals with imperfections
  • pristine wrapping paper or wallpaper
  • simple fabrics with uniform color

Feel free to reach out to other users in our Discord server to discuss how others got started!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Luca. Thank you for responding. However, I have already done the "First Steps" course and the Quicktips, and I still do not have a solid understanding of Substance Designer. In fact. the "First Steps" just made me more confused. Do you have any other recommendations? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Matthew,

In this case I would recommend reaching out in our Discord server with your questions about the specific things you are confused about. If there are multiple topics you need guidance with, Discord will have less latency than continuing this thread.

Also, our documentation is a great resource for guidance, you may jump to the Getting started section and go from there!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines