• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can designer aware end-points of the star?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow!

Sorry for strange question: - we know that subs painter can paint the surface of any 3d-object - so my qustion is: - can we use subs designer- texturing 3d-object- in interaction to geometry?

For example

We boolean-substracted  a thick-star from a cube in half of a height of this star

CAN I MAKE "STONE" CRACKS FROM END POINTS OF THIS STAR IN DESIGNER?

can designer catch star's end-point in geometry aspect?

Can designer aware end-points of the star?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can bake maps from the geometry such as Curvature, Position , AO which you can then use in driving the nodes to create your material. When you publish the material, you do so with bitmap nodes replacing those specific maps so that the material works with other geometry.

This is how such materials work in Painter. You import the geometry, bake the maps, then the materials use those maps as an input.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apparently i expressed my thought wrong

Can i assign my texturing to spesific mesh-vertex in designer?

if we have a geometry star on a surface - can i built texture from the vertex that has relation to end-point-of-this star's fingers? (supposing that a star has 5 fingers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One way I could think of is to use vertex painting on the mesh to identify the required vertices, in your modelling application, prior to linking it in Substance Designer. Then after linking the mesh, bake a colour map from the vertex colours. That would give you the location of those specific vertices on your material from which you could drive the cracks.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines