• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom output node that output Json files?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Is there a way I can create a custom output node that export json file? If so, is there any totorial on how to do this? 

apperciate any helps!

thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import & Export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MYU0207,

Thanks for the message.

Depending on what datas you wish to export, this is possible trough our Python API, but I'll need to know a bit more on your project to give you a proper help. What do you need to export?

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyril,

Below is an example setup in Designer. I want to import couple images, make them tilable and export them out into a 'png' and with a 'json' file for each bitmap. For each json file, I will need to manually input value that reflects real world tile sizing (float) for each bitmap.( example below, I will need to have empty fields to input values)  Screenshot 2023-04-06 104024.jpgScreenshot 2023-04-06 104344.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification.

There isn't a simple way to export a physical size per images into JSON file, but I'd advise you to proceed as this:

• Create a SBSAR out of a graph which makes any input bitmap tileable
  • Write a script that turns the physical size inputs into JSON files
  • In that same script, use the SBSRender tool to process your images using the SBSAR file
  • The final script could take a folder of images as input and export each image within and its corresponding JSON file side-by-side

With that being said, I am curious to know where the physical size value comes from. Is it a metadata from the picture?

Keep me posted,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cyril,

thank you for your help. the physical size value comes from product listing on the webpage. that being said, we decided to generate the pngs from designer and make the json outside of the designer. thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines