Exit

Error 205

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Substance Designer Painter, Stager

Stager runs fine,

Designer, Painter keep generating error 205 messages.

Have installed , uninstalled, rebooted, logged in to ACC, logged out.

No Joy.

I am signed into my ACC subscription. I have signed out. I have signed in, have signed out.

It appears that Substance app is not finding my subscription.

I cannot even sign in our out from the app. I keep getting the error code 205 popup.

Selecting the contact support brings up a 404 page error.

I have disabled my Anti-virus many times

I have tried different browsers.

Anyone?   Anyone?  Bueller???

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Error code 205 .....................   not.

Adobe can you update your trouble shooting database files.

Adobe 205 code can be solved very easily if generated by running any Substance app.

Install software. Try to run software. Wait for error code 205. 

At this point ACC is completely confused.

SOLUTION:

Log out of ACC 

Reboot your machine.

Log back into ACC

Everyone is a happy camper, Including me.

Glad to help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Hi jbm,

I had reported the same earlier:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-designer/issues-on-first-launch/td-p/12187180

I contacted customer care via chat and they gave me the solution right away (log out/in of the CC desktop app). Glad you got it sorted, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke to soon. Stager does not work now as well.

The apps are not finding my subscription info and are immedistely closing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be a windows permssion error.

All apps work on my mac system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works on my windows 10 laptop as well.

So ....................  Runs on a Mac, Runs on a windows 10 laptop, will not run on a windows 10 workstation.

Plot thickens.

Fire wall is allowing permisions

Adobe community support: Clueless

Their database says download error and since they have nothing else in their database; are going with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error code 205 .....................   not.

Adobe can you update your trouble shooting database files.

Adobe 205 code can be solved very easily if generated by running any Substance app.

Install software. Try to run software. Wait for error code 205. 

At this point ACC is completely confused.

SOLUTION:

Log out of ACC 

Reboot your machine.

Log back into ACC

Everyone is a happy camper, Including me.

Glad to help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jbm007,

Thank you for the updates on the issue you experienced, I appreciate your patience!

Indeed, logging out and back into the Creative Cloud Desktop application is a common troubleshooting step when applications fail to start correctly. I am glad you were able to solve the problem and get up and running with that additional reboot between sign out and sign in.

Have fun with the Substance 3D tools!

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your steps. i'm still stuck at this error. a chat agent had to remote in and delete some keys in keychain access. then we logged out. logged back in and ONLY THEN did it fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats helped me a lot! And worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

205 error just occurred for me on Photoshop. Rebooted just like others suggested. Tried different versions of photoshop. The thing that worked for me as stated above was: Signing out and logging back into Create Cloud application. I can now run photoshop. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jbm,

I had reported the same earlier:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-designer/issues-on-first-launch/td-p/12187180

I contacted customer care via chat and they gave me the solution right away (log out/in of the CC desktop app). Glad you got it sorted, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logging 'Out' and then back 'In' worked for me as well. And, I didn't reboot. I just logged Out and In and all is well. Thanks for the quick fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, will try the fix suggested.  If I may... ...a lot of app verification anymore is time sensitive, or more accurately, processor clock sensitive.  Threading and application multitasking, especially with one app interfacing with another before performing the full operation, can be hazardous with new security measures in place like rootless and protected memory space.  They really need to be in sync, and running in the same context (for permissions in processing, permissions in memory, and permissions in general).  If they are not running in the proper context, or only one program is running in a particular process tree's context (this is usually numbered like interrupt queing), then they are not in sync.  The file that is being accessed by the substance programs is actually in the files for CCDesktop.  Unfortunately, on my system, the file cannot open from the substance apps.  This file opens on every other app. Not the substance apps.  It isn't an installation issue, per se, but it is a file that is a part of the fileset that the app needs in order to start up.  When the apps are installed, there is a hash file set created (if it doesn't already exist) in your running user data (windows is appdata in your user folder, on mac, in user library), and it holds security values for your system and for the account in adobe CC.  The hash file, if it already exists, is typically RUNNING in the background if you are logged in to CCDesktop, and it cannot be replaced with a new one.  This is unfortunate, since a new hash must be generated to include the information for the new apps.  IF the file is accessible (on my system, my system monitor shows the app attempting to access but failing), it may still be the old version, making the apps crash, as they believe you have a pirate copy.  You can regenerate the hash by logging out, restarting, exit CCDesk if its running, then open it again and log in if needed.  This should regenerate the hash file with the values necessary for the apps to run.

I don't work for adobe, but I watch my system carefully, and I have some understanding of recent techniques with software anti-piracy.  The new Software as A Service model relies heavily on hashfiles and checksums to verify ownership over the internet.  However, to make this less intrusive, many extra services, offered as part of the new software functionality where the services match common use of the software, are hosted online as file downloads, instructionals etc.

The safest route:

1. Log out of CCDesktop

2. Exit CCDesktop or kill the process

3. Reboot

4. Run or open CCDesktop

5. Log in from CCDesktop

6. Try software, if still bugged, uninstall, and repeat the process, then reinstall the apps, logout CCDesk, then back in again.  If still bugged, try the standalone download installer.  Sometimes antivirus or system security functions identify backend libraries (DLL files in windows or support files in mac\unix) as possible intrusions or virus, and disable the running context necessary for them to function correctly, when the installer isn't run from a standalone package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harley,

Thank you for bringing up your concerns in such detail! I have passed along your message to our team for awareness.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do consulting work on software suite and technology integration.  Adobe is one of the key products I get questions about.

While the SAAS model has proven problematic in the startup, it has started to iron out.  Here are some tips for your business users:

1. Do not auto update software

2. Do not update during regular business hours

3. Do not remove old versions until the new version has been working without incident for 2 weeks

4. Before updating: Backup the app folder in program files, backup the Appdata folder for each user on windows, and the user library application support, preferences, and other user library folders for each user on mac\*nix before you run the updates.  This includes the CCDesktop folders.  IF the updated software has issues, you can try to uninstall then reinstall, when that fails, Kill the CCDesktop process, replace the files and folders then reboot and reopen ccdesktop.  You will have to replace ALL apps that you updated even the ones that had no problem.  Update the others again, then repeat this before updating the erroneous software again.

5.  If you update your Operating system, even by minor update, check CCDesktop for updates and follow step 4 to back up any apps that show an update pending.

6. Training in new capabilities or in using the same capabilities that have moved to other titles should be done as a two week learning session, followed by a couple of training tasks each week for 6 weeks, then a training task from any task they've learned with you, each week, randomized, with a report on any difficulties they had in completing it.  Any tasks that don't happen often enough to be memorable for one employee can be relegated to those that do them often, and any tasks that don't happen often at all can be relegated to a single employee who should complete one of these each week.  Only three learning tasks should be necessary for any single employee\user per week.  This allows you to guage which work stages can be handled with how many employees, allowing you to split up work more efficiently.  DO NOT HAVE USERS TRAIN THE SAME WEEK, always split departments or areas of users up.  One user from each, maybe two if the team has 4 or more, should train on new capabilities at a time, over the course of a week, and at different times of the workday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting the error 205 when trying to open lightroom. I just worked out what started coursing it. Three weeks ago I downloaded Substance 3D painter, Substance 3D Sampler, Substance 3D Designer and Substance 3D Stager. I just realised that lightroom stopped working and I started to get the error 205 three weeks ago. This was the exact same time when I installed all the Substance apps. I uninstalled lightroom again and then uninstalled all the Substance apps. Then installed lightroom again and lightroom opend up without any error 205 message. So there must be some sort of conflict with the Substance apps and lightroom. Photoshop, illustrator, Premire and all the other apps worked fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As reported in the "correct answer" previously, Error 205 can be resolved by signing out of the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then signing back in. It happened to me yesterday with Acrobat, but the solution was the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ive tried relogging, but the error still occurs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem in Photoshop, error code 205. Logged out of the Creative Cloud desktop app and then logged back into Creative Cloud and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve the error without the restart and just re-logging into ACC (quitting and reopening the application).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution
Open System Properties
In System Properties, select the Hardware tab, then click on Device Installation Settings.
In the Device installation settings screen, choose NO.
Click on Save Changes to exit.
Restart the system.

Regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a PC only suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same error and ive been trying most solutions given here, i signed out of the CC app, restart the system, signed back in, still same error. I uninstalled all adobe apps, reinstalled, still the error, i even installed an older version of the LrC App, still the error, i deactivated the firewall, EVERYTHING but still the Error 205. I´m slowely driving insane, i just dont know what more i can do. Im not a professional IT person so my knowledge is very limited here....any suggestions what could still help? I just dont understand how on one day i close the app, shut down the system, next morning it doesnt work anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christina, I just posted an update to my resolution to this issue because this just happened to me again a few days ago. The uninstall and reinstall ID did not work this time around. I did everything that worked last time with no result. What tech support did was go into my Keychain Access app, unlock access, search for all the Adobe and Creative Cloud certificates and delete them. ID opened right up without a reboot or reinstall. Try this. If that doesn't work, contact tech support. Good luck! Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This trick works for me regarding the keychain application! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same issue on my Mac when I upgraded to Catalina and I found a solution! Try wiping your adobe software clean using the following link then reinstalling creative cloud, download your software and you should be good to go! https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines