• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expose colors

New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am working on an eyeball material in Designer. The idea is that i should be able to use this material to create custom eyeball textures for my characters without having to export a whole different material every time. Im having some trouble with exposing the color for the eyeball, as right now im using a color gradient and i've read that those cannot be exposed. Im therefore curious if there are any other methods of creating exposed colors that can be customized in Painter?

The attached pictures show the gradient im currently using and what the eye currently looks like, i want to be able to keep the same amount of "levels" on the material somehow. I had a thought that maybe i could separate each of the colors on this gradient into "uniform color" nodes and blend them back together to create a similar result, but i have not been successful in doing so as of yet.

Any suggestions are very welcome, thank you!

gradient_show.png

eyeball_,mat_show.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Hi Viktor and sorry for the delay in response.

Unfortunately, Substance 3D Designer cannot create a Base Color node per point on the gradient.

A look alike solution would be to create multiple Histogram Select node and fill them with Base Color, which would create a sort of exploded Gradient Color.

But if you want something simpler, you could link your gradient to a HSL node. You could also create several ready-made gradient and link them to a Multi Switch Color node.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semi old post moved from the toolkit forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Viktor and sorry for the delay in response.

Unfortunately, Substance 3D Designer cannot create a Base Color node per point on the gradient.

A look alike solution would be to create multiple Histogram Select node and fill them with Base Color, which would create a sort of exploded Gradient Color.

But if you want something simpler, you could link your gradient to a HSL node. You could also create several ready-made gradient and link them to a Multi Switch Color node.

Have a nice day.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines