• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expose One of the Float4 Parameters

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023-04-19 10_30_27-Adobe Substance 3D Designer.png2023-04-19 10_50_56-Window.png

Hi 
I'm trying to expose the value parameter (lightness) as a float1 from a color node that is represented as a float4. as you see, I attempted to break down the color node into vector float nodes , but it didn't work as I expected. Can you please help me with this issue?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

I hadn't spotted that, I should have tested better 😞

It would appear that the node works in RGBA when driven by a function, even when set to Float and HSV before adding the function.

So the function graph needs to be as below to give your required output.

2023-04-20_10-22-39.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this ?

I added an input to the graph which I labelled Value then used a Get Float to get that value and then two Vector Float 2 nodes and a Vector Float 4 to combine it with the other fixed Float values

2023-04-19_23-02-24.jpg

SBS also attached

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave 

Due to technical reasons, I have to use color node with it's Color mode ( not Grayscale) to determine the mettalic value of the material.
After using the functions that you provided, I expected the color to become desaturated because the saturation value is 0. But, the color is still blue.

My main goal is to make the Color node with Color mode behave like the Grayscale mode and expose the Value parameter. This way, when the color is blue, the defined parameter can't reach a fully white value (255).
Can you suggest a solution for this issue?

I hope I was able to explain my problem clearly. let me know if you need more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't spotted that, I should have tested better 😞

It would appear that the node works in RGBA when driven by a function, even when set to Float and HSV before adding the function.

So the function graph needs to be as below to give your required output.

2023-04-20_10-22-39.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the above, if you also need control over the Hue and Saturation then this should do it:

2023-04-20_10-46-11.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic!
I really appreciate your help and expertise. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines