• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade Substance Designer 2020 to 2022 on Steam?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I already have SD 2020 (purchased on Steam) which is now expired. I am planning to purchase SD 2022 once released on Steam. Wondering how can I upgrade to this new version? Do I need to treat it as new software and create a new account on "substance3d.com" or the existing connected account on "substance3d.com" will still work? Please help me understand the process. Any response would be highly appreciated.

TOPICS
General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Hello @Balazs219524924je8,

There are no free upgrades from the 2020 to the 2022 releases. That being said, there is a transition discount for owners of the 2019-2021 versions. The discount is automatically applied if you have a previous version of the software in your Steam library.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Subrata21893542sfi8,

There is no need to create a new account. If your Substance and Steam accounts were already linked from the 2020 versions purchased on Steam, then ugrading to the 2022 releases is as easy as purchasing them directly in Steam. The licenses are handled in Steam regardless.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Luca,

I have SP2020 and just wanted to upgrade to 2022 but I need to pay for it. Is there any solution to upgrade for free or should I buy the new version?

Thanks in advance

BG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Balazs219524924je8,

There are no free upgrades from the 2020 to the 2022 releases. That being said, there is a transition discount for owners of the 2019-2021 versions. The discount is automatically applied if you have a previous version of the software in your Steam library.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Luca! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still an option? It's not showing up for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Unfortunately the loyalty discount on Steam was a limited time offer which has now ended. I understand this is disappointing, and I trust you will still find our toolset to be worth the investment.

Feel free to let me know if you need any assistance regarding the Substance 3D tools.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Luca. That answers my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines