• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use an id map as input for a SP filter graph in the SD?

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I would like to make a Substance painter filter which converts a id map into a single grayscale image to the user3 channel.

The problem is, when I use the id map input node in the SD, it doesn't out any value. So the output value is always empty. But when I use the baseColor input node, the filter works perfectly.

Is there a way to use an id map as input for a SP filter graph in the SD?

You can check my work from attached files.

IDtoGrey.sbs doesn't work, but BaseColorToGrey.sbs works well. You can test them on the SP after publishing them.

I wait your wisdom.

TOPICS
How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Hello @Dongseok308452906397,

Thanks for your message and the .SBS.

From what I can see of your graph, the problem doesn't come from the input node, but probably from its Attribute Type. The graph is set as a filter, where I think you'd rather want a Standard material.

As you can see in the following .GIF, I switched the IDtoGrey graph Type, in addition I set the Output Usage as user3, and it works as it should.  

ID map.gif

With that being said, if you strictly want to turn the ID map to a Greysca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Dongseok308452906397,

Thanks for your message and the .SBS.

From what I can see of your graph, the problem doesn't come from the input node, but probably from its Attribute Type. The graph is set as a filter, where I think you'd rather want a Standard material.

As you can see in the following .GIF, I switched the IDtoGrey graph Type, in addition I set the Output Usage as user3, and it works as it should.  

ID map.gif

With that being said, if you strictly want to turn the ID map to a Greyscale map for the user3 channel, you can simply have a Greyscale conversion node in between the input and output.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huge thanks for the answer.

As you said, it is working when I changed the attribute type to the standard material.

In short, according your answer, there are two cases depending on the type of input data:

1. When a input data comes from baked mesh data texture: Use the standard material type

2. When a input data comes from a Substance painter's rendering buffer: Use the Filter type

Thanks again for the quick support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines