Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metallicity of Gold

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying to make a material that is marble with gold veins. But when I publish it, the gold is just yellow in colour, there is no metallicity to it. It looks flat. I would like to have the gold veins metal like (reflective and possess characteristic lustre) and the marble to have a sort of polished look.  

I have followed this tutorial in every step of the way except for the colour. 

(180) Substance Designer Abstract Minerals sbs tutorial: Part 1 of 2 - YouTube

I tried changing the position value the histogram scan that leads to roughness channel and it somewhat got it right, as shown in the imge named 3D . But when I publish it for the use in painter, gold veins comes out as yellow rather than the metal gold, as shown in image named 2D. I know it it a small fix but if someone could provide me with a soultiuon, I would be grateful. Please ask if you need more information.

TOPICS
How to , Import & Export , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you got in your metal output map?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this is what you are asking for. I am new to all of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The metallic areas are all about reflections, so assuming you are using a shader that is using the metalness map, try moving the environment light around and see if it catches the metal highlights (Shift+Ctrl+Right mouse button). If it does not, take a look at the roughness values in those metallic areas.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines