• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Publish .sbsar file" command doesn't work when input parameter presets are used

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered that designer lets you create groups of presets for exposed input parameters. This is a revalation for me. However, when I make a preset, the "publish .sbsar file" command stops working. I select the command from the menu and nothing happens. It's not greyed out. ⌘P doesn't work either.

I made a simple test file with some exposed parameters and presets and publishing works fine. How can I determine what is causing the problem in my actual working document?

I've had issues with publishing .sbsar files before but usually I either get an error or the .sbsar file will crash substance player. Having nothing happen is new.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to provide a link to the document?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave, thanks for getting back to me.
Last night I got past this issue and published a few sbsar files. It may be an issue with mac os, I've had similar problems in recent months with other adobe products where commands like undo or save stop working and I have to tab out of the program and back in. Now though I'm getting another error when I try to publish. Your team deserves a medal working with me on the project.

Definitely some things I would do differently if I was starting today.

Can I PM you the file?

Current error:

[ERR][1296][SBSAR PUBLISH]launch application:

/Applications/Adobe Substance 3D Designer/Adobe Substance 3D Designer.app/Contents/MacOS/sbscooker --inputs /Users/XXXX/Desktop/macrodosersForked_2.15/XXXXXXXXX.sbs --alias sbs:///Applications/Adobe Substance 3D Designer/Adobe Substance 3D Designer.app/Contents/Resources/packages --alias sd-3dview-maps:///Applications/Adobe Substance 3D Designer/Adobe Substance 3D Designer.app/Contents/Resources/view3d/maps --alias sd-3dview-shapes:///Applications/Adobe Substance 3D Designer/Adobe Substance 3D Designer.app/Contents/Resources/view3d/shapes --alias sd-3dview-shaders:///Applications/Adobe Substance 3D Designer/Adobe Substance 3D Designer.app/Contents/Resources/view3d/shaders --output-path /private/var/folders/ds/thqvng2j24g6cpgmc4h_cx240000gn/T/Adobe/Adobe Substance 3D Designer --output-name XXXXXXXXX.sbsar --expose-output-size 1 --expose-random-seed 1 --expose-pixel-size 0 --size-limit 13 --enable-icons --compression-mode 0

Execution failed ! (Exit Code: 11)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted the presets and it got rid of the error 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Casey,

I am interested in the presets apparently being the cause of the publishing failure.

Can you send out to me your project with the presets present, such that this error can be reproduced?

I can investigate the problem and get back to you with my findings in this thread.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines