Save Custom Meshes for the 3D-View

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Bit of an odd one this but I'm aware of where to save my fbx's so I can view them by default in the "Scene" list of the 3D View in Substance Designer, see image "Custom Mat Ball".

DanHutchinson_1-1654686717902.jpeg

However the issue I seem to have is that whenever Substance Designer automatically updates, it gets rid of any fbx files I've saved to the ProgramFiles/Resources path etc.

So my question is:
Is there somewhere I can save my meshes where they won't get removed following an update?
In the Documents folder for Designer perhaps? How do I go about this, specific naming of folders etc?

Thanks and I hope that is clear enough.

Dan

TOPICS
3D View , General , How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to follow-up... Is something like this along the right lines? Although I'm not doing it right as it doesn't work this way but I'm hoping I've just got some finer details wrong but I'm on the right track, I figured given there is a python folder it could work the same way for 3DView and meshes

DanHutchinson_0-1654687105900.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines