Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sbsar extremily low quality

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I was testing publishing a sbsar from designer into painter. If I export my maps out of Substance as PNGs it looks great, if I publish a sbsar and import it into painter / houdini it looks like it is a minecraft block in terms of quality. My parent size in designer is 8192x8192 and it exports PNGs at that size so I am not sure if that is the reason the quality is drop so significantly in the sbsar.

Let me know what you think, hope you can help!

Vincent Griffith

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , General , How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

minecraft.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for your message.

I would suggest you to make sure the Output size property of all Bitmap nodes are set to Absolute. If you want to know a little bit more on why this issue happend in the first place, you'll found the information on this very page.

Incorrect image output.png

Have a nice day.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bring the sbsar back into Deisgner it looks great by the way, when I use houdini or Painter it looks likes this... I change everything to absolute but hasn't changed anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why it looks fine in Designer but not painter. I have everything inside of the sbsar set to absolute at 8k. I feel like there is should be no reason this should be happening. Also there is a gamma shift in color but that is another issue. What am I missing?

Designer Graph.PNGDesigner.PNGPainter.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Vincent284329373bos,

Unfortunately, if you already made sure the bitmaps are set to Absolute, it's difficult for me to see where the issue comes from without more info. Could you share with me the graph of your SBSAR ? If you mind sharing it on this thread, you can send it to me privately (cdellenbach@adobe.com).

Also, I will merge this thread with the previous conversation (no need of a new topic if the problem is the same).

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What texture resolution do you have set in Painter?

What area of your UV does that 3D displayed surface occupy?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines