• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is happening to my perpetual licenses?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own perpetual licenses for designer and painter that I renewed in october following the announcment that perpetual licenses would not be sold anymore. After today announcment I installed adobe CC to see none of my substance apps are available and the substance launcher doesn't have the updates either. There is no information anywhere for how I can verify/ transfer my licesnses over to CC. Looking to know what is happening with perpetual licesnses and if there is a solution to this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Yes your perpetual license purchased last October allows you to download and use the 11.2 version as you have one year of maintenance and updates. You should be able to download your version from the the substance3d.com website if you click on the "My licenses" link on the top right corner.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Perpetual licences are still available on Steam, and include updates for one calendar year, are tied to a Steam account, and require the Steam client application to run.

The Substance Launcher does not support versions released after June 21st 2021. You may still use it to download legacy applications and previous versions.

If you have a Substance3d.com subscription, check your email inbox for an information letter from us regarding the future of your subscription. You can find your licenses and installers in the My Licenses section of the Substance3d.com website (the option is in the top right).

Additionally, please note it is possible to migrate your subscription to the new Adobe Substance 3D plans for any Substance Indie annual subscription in the case of any Adobe Substance 3D plan, as well as for Substance Pro annual subscriptions in the case of the purchase of an Adobe Substance 3D Collection for Teams plan.

Follow these steps to migrate your subscription:

1. Proceed with the purchase of an Adobe Substance 3D plan on Adobe.com
  2. Download your Adobe.com invoice
  3. Log into your Substance account on Substance3D.com and select Cancel subscription in the Subscription section
  4. Download your latest invoice on the Billing section of your Substance account
  5. Send an email to contact@substance3D.com with your Adobe/Adobe.com and Allegorithmic/Substance3d.com invoices attached
  6. The pro-rated amount will be refunded to your original method of payment within 10 business days

I hope this is helpful!

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't helpful, this is all stuff I can find on your FAQ. Maybe I wasn't clear. I already own a perpetual license that I purchased from the site and not steam. Clarity this to me. Does my perpetual license that I renewed in October for 1 year through the substance site secure any updates past 11.1 and get me anything you showed from the June 23rd update? Is there any possible way to get these updates or has my "calendar year" been shortened and I won't have a way to recieve these new updates with the current perpetual license I have? Is there a solution to this or are you just expecting us to go buy steam licenses or switch to a subscription if we cant?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes your perpetual license purchased last October allows you to download and use the 11.2 version as you have one year of maintenance and updates. You should be able to download your version from the the substance3d.com website if you click on the "My licenses" link on the top right corner.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, It looked like substance3d went into some maintanance this morning and it is updated in my licenses now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the process to move my perpetual license from steam to adobe? Or is there one ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cperiodj, you can't move your perpetual license from Steam to Adobe. Only migration from a legacy Substance subscription to an Adobe subscription is possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I own a perpetual license, is it possible to renew my maintenance to get access to the newer versions, or are those only available through subscriptions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines