• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

8k export not matching 4k export

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 8k export is not matching visually (except for resolution of course) the 4k export - I am masking between two materials in folders with an image alpha - and the export matches if I just export either material by themselves - but any masking element -procedural or image makes it so they are not identical as if the greys are weaker in 8k  -I have an nvidia quadro M6000 24gb card - windows 10 - and running Adobe Substance 3D Painter Version 7.2.3 build 1197  -thx

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... after exporting textues - just to clarify

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...also, I read you have to set 'cooking' to 8k in the preferences - but it does not look like that is an option in this version of Substance Painter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to bake your mesh in 8K in Painter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is when exporting 8k textures (diff -roughness etc.)  vs. 4k (or lower) textures not matching visually - for example -all of my diffuse texture exports look the same exported in 4k - 2k -1k - - but when I export in 8k - it does not - and it looks like the greys in the masks of my folders get changed slightly- (I am mixing between two folders with materials in them- with a mask on the top folder) - where the bottom folder material shows more in the diffuse than it should exported in 8k. - It does not matter if I use a procedural for the mask or an image map -it still looks different exported in 8k.

(I am able to bake my mesh in 8k - Maybe the baking(cooking) here just relates to the 'Mesh Maps' -which work fine (I was just speculating that the cooking/baking function also related to exporting textures)---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will send you a pm message to get your project and log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources