• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding an image question

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a label on a clothing . it has its own texture.  If there is a seperate mesh for the label on my 3D Model   then  it places with it is own texture on that mesh, but if there is not a seperate mesh then the image that i add  takes the background texture.

As an example  lets say the clothing has ribbing texture.  if i am adding an image on it, it works like stamping  and takes that ribbing texture. Is there a way adding an image with it is on texture when there isnt seperate mesh for it? 

I tried masking it but  it didint work because it is a polygon masking so  i couldnt select an area on the clothing  with a perfect square to add the label in it.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the height and normal blend modes of the layer you are using to stamp your label to Normal (rather than the default Ldge and NMdt). That way it will overwrite the surface detail from teh layer(s) below rather than combine them.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very! much for the reply @davescm , i think the layers are already in  normal blend mode. attached screen. shot  on paint layer i dont see any blend mode next to my height though. I didint bake the mesh because i dont need to use smart materials, but  may be i need to bake it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot shows the blend modes for each layer of your Base Color channel - see top left of your screenshot. Click on the reveal arrow next to the word Base Color  to see the drop down menu where you can select the other channels and see their blend modes against each layer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources