Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anisotropic materials not exported correctly

Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum.

Im trying to export anisotropic materials. Seems all fine until I load them into Blender and I cannot see the anisotropic texture on my object.

Thank you. 

StefanCargoski_0-1661340957861.pngStefanCargoski_1-1661341003306.png

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Hi

Set up a preset using the steps below, all outputs are greyscale except BaseColor and Normal:

2022-08-27_19-51-16.jpg

When you come to export, use the newly set up preset

2022-08-27_19-59-21.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Emissive channel added, and cannot see it in blender.

StefanCargoski_0-1661412157091.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are a couple of stages here.

I can see you have added anistotropy channels and an emmisive channel to your material.

What I cannot see is have you added those same channels to your export template so that they will be exported along with the Base Color, Metal, Roughness, Height and Normal channels? Once you have done that the texture maps should export.

In Blender you will need to add those additional texture maps manually to the node set up, as Node Wrangler does not automatically plug in the Emmisive, or Ansitropy channels

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Dave, thank you for coming to help my inquiry. 

Is this the export panel you're referring to? If so, I have included the emission, indicated with the red border.

So therefor would it be a matter of node set up in Blender? I do have the node wrangler added, which automatically 

adds the textures to the object.

StefanCargoski_0-1661504880387.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes that export includes your emmisive map (but not anisotropy).

Node Wrangler only adds Basecolor, Metal, Roughness, Height and Normal when Ctrl+T is pressed. You will need to add the emmisive map manually by adding an image texture node setting it to the appropriate image and changing the color space to non-color. Then plug that in to the mapping node output and the principled BSDF Emission input

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I getting closer?
Is this the right node configuration?
When you reffer to : ( but not anisotropy) do you mean its missing from the template with the rest of the out put templates? if so, how can I add it to the list? Sorry, but Im still new with Substance painter, and struggling a bit. 

StefanCargoski_0-1661511382234.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these 2 also needed for it to work? How can I add them?

StefanCargoski_0-1661512433429.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I made a mistake, this is the updated screenshot with the anisotropic included. I dragged it into the RGB.

StefanCargoski_0-1661513789183.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-2.jpgqwerty_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new preset based on PBR and add in the additional textures you need. Then when you export, select that preset, in Export > Global Settings > Output Template.

Incidentally, your screenshot shows you are using the Normal DirectX output. For Blender, use Normal OpenGL

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, again nothing is happening. 

Im adding a new  PBR with the textures i need. I do add anisotropy, not sure which channel to use since i dont know and Im going in circles, and I cannot find on YT or google how its done. Can you please just show me with a screen shot what needs to be done so I can avoid this ordeal?

Again 7 selected, and only 6 get exported.

Thank you.

StefanCargoski_1-1661563933809.png

StefanCargoski_2-1661563996646.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Set up a preset using the steps below, all outputs are greyscale except BaseColor and Normal:

2022-08-27_19-51-16.jpg

When you come to export, use the newly set up preset

2022-08-27_19-59-21.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much dave!

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources