• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to obtain perpetual Substance 3D license for current version, or time to move on?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I liked Substance 3D in pre-Adobe times, when I simply could have perpetual license. I hate subscription model with passion, and moved away from any Adobe product where they've enforced this model. I started using alternatives like ones from Affinity, and am really happy with it.

But back to main subject, that is Substance 3D: is there any way to obtain perpetual license for current version of Substance 3D? I simply want to pay 1-time upgrade price when I like the new features, and consider them worth spending my money. Or maybe Adobe completely blocked this option, and it's time for me to forget about this product, and start looking for alternatives?

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we have perpetual licenses available on Steam: Substance 3D Painter 2021 on Steam (steampowered.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Any way to upgrade from perpetual 2020 versions of Painter & Designer purchased from Allegorithmic to perpetual 2021 on Steam?
2) Guys please talk with your product management team and consider supporting both licensing model directly at Adobe shop. I understand for most business customers subscription might be preferred way to go, but there is a plenty of normal people who don't want to increase their montly expenses, and just want to decide by themselves when they need new version of the product. For me every single software product that moved into subscription model was a goodbye. Often really sad, cause I really liked Allegorithmic and their Substance products, state of art technologies - until Adobe came and simply basically killed it for me by enforcing subscription model.

Best licensing model that kinda merged both approaches is the one that IntelliJ uses for their products, called "perpetual fallback license" - if you purchase subsription for at least 12 months, then you can continue to use version that was released at last month of your subscription. More details here:
https://sales.jetbrains.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207240845-What-is-a-perpetual-fallback-license-

Maybe you could consider something like that, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We typically have coupons to upgrade at a reduced price for a limited time when a new version comes out on Steam, that would likely be around December this year when the 2022 version becomes available.

As for licensing I would point out that we (Allegorithmic) actually pioneered the rent-to-own model you are referencing a few years back but it turns out almost nobody was taking advantage of it, which is why we discontinued it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for bumping up an old post.

I have been a subscriber since Jan 2019, but I have cancelled auto renewal a few months ago, with my licence still valid until 2022. Is there any way I can transition to a perpetual license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typically how much is the discount on the new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources