Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I import smart material to 3dsmax?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

How can i import substance Smart Material (.spsm) to 3dsmax like Substance Material (.sbsar)?
I don't find any way to collapse smart material to "normal" material in substance painter, so I can't export .sbsar files.
There is any way to resolve this problem?

TNX
Daniele.

TOPICS
Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You cannot import Smart Materials outside Painter. This is a flat representation of the layer stack only usable in Painter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, the workflow towards 3ds max, is very complex, because you have to import the textures one by one and link them in each slot of the material. 
I hope that this problem will be solved in the future!

Tnx.
Daniele.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed, we are aware of it, we should at some point add the possibility to export to one SBSAR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you know your way around Substance Designer, you should be able to create a one to one representation of your smart material to be exportable as a .sbsar, this is indeed not ideal. 

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources