• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't browse file system in Linux (Steam version).

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I just purchased Substance Painter 2022 for Linux on Steam. The app installs and runs without problems but I can't browse my file system. It's like the app is sandboxed inside of "/home/myusername/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam". The contents of that folde read as "home/username" inside of the app. There's like a whole home folder ecosystem in there and I can't browse out of there to access my files. I'm using Zorin OS 16 (Ubuntu based).

I have copied the tutorial files within that structure so I can at least get started learning but that's not really optimal when I get started with projects. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

I figured out what the problem was. I case this happens to anyone else: I had installed Steam from the software manager which was a flatpack by default. This caused things to be sandboxed. I uninstalled Substance Painter and then uninstalled Steam. I then reinstalled steam from the Ubuntu repositories and reinstalled Substance Painter. Problem solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out what the problem was. I case this happens to anyone else: I had installed Steam from the software manager which was a flatpack by default. This caused things to be sandboxed. I uninstalled Substance Painter and then uninstalled Steam. I then reinstalled steam from the Ubuntu repositories and reinstalled Substance Painter. Problem solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources