• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did anyone’s trial not work?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe told me to use my personal Adobe CC account for a "90 day trial" then transfer it to my companies's account. This didn't make much sense and quite dubious, so I opened a third account no associated with my credit card or my work. The 90 day trial never happened. And the 30 day trial expired before I could get the 90 day trial to work. Now it's been 90 days and I'm getting threatening emails telling me my third account will be closed. 

did anyone else have to jump through a ton of hoops just to get a trail, only to give up and look for alternative software before the trial period supposedly ended? 

Also is Substance worth learning? I will probably use it once every few months so not worth doubling my bill, but may be able to convince work if I have a chance to learn it. 

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the substance 3d trials are for 30 days.  that info and more is here, Substance becomes Adobe Substance 3D

whether a subscription is worthwhile or not depends on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be worth learning, but I can't afford it and no employer will buy it. I'm still waiting for it to be part of Adobe CC so I can learn it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can learn quite a lot in 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had other work that month. So I lost the opportunity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'I'm still waiting for it to be part of Adobe CC so I can learn it.'

You may have a long wait - Adobe have announced no plans in that direction and the Adobe 3D subscriptions are separate to CC.

'Also is Substance worth learning?'

I would say yes if you do 3D texturing as part of your workflow. The ability to create parametric materials in Substance Designer and apply your own and others materials in Substance Painter work very well. The 3D stock materials that come with a subscription are worth it on their own , in my view.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Luckily I learned how to texture with AI tools and as a prototyper I'm probably not who they want to sell it too anyway at that price. I guess it's a niche tool for 3D people who most likely don't like Adobe, and not for multi disciplinary people who like Adobe and already give them money. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources