Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Brush creation current cycle number

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure the answer is I can't do this but thought I'd ask just in case I missed something.

I need to be able to pass a Random Seed per cycle i.e. if the cycle is set at 1-20 i have 1 random seed per cycle.  or some way to persist a count between stamps that I can manage myself.

What I'm trying to achieve is passing the same dynamic alpha to the brush for the duration of the cycle so say 20 stamps then getting the next one. 

From what I can see this is not possible, no way to persist any sort of state between stamps and the only other options are as below, have I missed anything ?

When creating dynamic brushes for substance painter the exposed variables in the documentation are

stampCycleCount   total count

stampIndex  iterates through cycle count resets to 0 each cycle

$time in seconds but can't get brush velocity to do anything clever with that as a workaround

In painter from a random seed point of view you can have single, random per stroke, random per stamp.

Mark_Edwards_0-1649001143014.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

There is no way to do what you are looking for unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I know i'm creating painter brushes but the question is more substance designer related as it's designer where I'm creating the brush/dynamic material and I need to capture / persist the information for what cycle I'm currently in / random seed per cycle so I think designer probably a better forum where I posted it originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to do what you are looking for unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Fabrice! saves me keep trying to work it out, perhaps a feature request for the future 🙂

I'll do the rand stuff on a more traditional style dynamic brush where it will work flipping alphas on cycle count as needed and just use the roller style ones where you keep offsetting the output for static stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources