• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

emissive bleeding according to viewport distance

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a problem, can you help me?

The emissive looks normal when viewed close up, but bleeding when viewed from a distance. 

modeling program is Blender.

스크린샷(37).png

스크린샷(42).png

스크린샷(38).png

스크린샷(41).png

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Hi

I downloaded your spp file. It updated to the latest version when I loaded it but still showed the same viewport artifacts. However if you go to Display Settings > Viewport Settings > 'MipMap bias' and change it from 0 - Soft to 3 Sharp or 4  Very sharp then the problem is completely eliminated. It looks like it is indeed just a viewport artifact

Note : You may see a performance hit when using '4' although I saw no performance issue here on an RTX3090.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you speak about the lower face of the cube, in Painter we can not change the control the light (environment map) from top-bottom (Y), only left to right (X).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cedric Marchessoux I think the OP is referring to the 2D and 3D views in his screenshots which are showing the orange emmisive material on the edges of the cube and as small overlaps on the 2D view in his zoomed out screenshots. It looks like this is just a viewport artifact.

@Gamma22904026dtk9 Are you able to post the Substance file and I'll try it here to see what happens the viewport on my system.

Also can you confirm that the exported textures are OK and match the 'zoomed in' look.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The material view is activated in the UV viewport as well as the 3D viewport, therefore adjacent faces to the one emitting light receive light. If you want to see your UVs without all the lighting information, you can switch to single-channel or mesh maps view mode.

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Emmited light falling on an adjacent face on the model, I could understand , but the edges highlighted are on the opposite side (although they are close in position on the UV map). The artifact on the non adjacent model edges (arrowed) which his screenshots show disappears in both 2D and 3D when zoomed in. If it was emitted light then surely that would not change just by zooming?

2022-04-01_13-28-27.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! This is the project file with the same problem

ss1.png

ss2.png

Can't uploading... send to google drive link txt file

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I downloaded your spp file. It updated to the latest version when I loaded it but still showed the same viewport artifacts. However if you go to Display Settings > Viewport Settings > 'MipMap bias' and change it from 0 - Soft to 3 Sharp or 4  Very sharp then the problem is completely eliminated. It looks like it is indeed just a viewport artifact

Note : You may see a performance hit when using '4' although I saw no performance issue here on an RTX3090.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources