• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature suggestion - Point Lights to help with the exporting of all in one 2D texture.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i would like to make this feature suggestion as i think is really important. Many artists that works on mobile games, or games that are browser based, and what not. Artists are making use of the 2D texture feature export which contains all baked information including environment sky. I tried all kinds of plugins to fake light in texture for the back of my models, but all are based on the bake information and not an actual light in the scene. I want this because i want the sky information to be included in my 2D texture export, and most of the hdri's can't do back and front light the way i want for my model, and usually i rotate the skybox to light the front of my model, and the back is left out darker.

If the Adobe Substance 3D Painter dev team could include 1-3 point lights, and the ability to turn them on off, and move them in the scene would be a dream. To be able to change the point light color, and the light to affect the UV texture, which will show when is exported all in one in the 2D texture. This would help my work, and many other artists like me, specially artists doing stylized works, which would be a big + for adobe to gain more stylized artists using this software. Thank you

TOPICS
Baking , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Point light manipulation is a good idea, and I'm going to talk about that with the team. Bear in mind that this isn't a feature promise.

I would also suggest that you look at our filters, baked lighting environment and baked lighting stylised. They should open the possibility for a workflow similar to what you describe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

GeoffroySC_0-1648466771347.png

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @GeoffroySC for taking the time to read my post, and yes i tried to use that filter, is not bad, is just that is not adding the light in the exact spots where i want the light/s to hit. Having some point lights, and place them closer or further from the model to light specific area of the model would still be a dream. I hope Adobe team is considering this feature aspect, it will really push Adobe Substance Painter to the sky with such feature. Thank you kindly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the Baked Lightning Environment filter, is not helping me that much because the exposure slider is affecting the whole model, not just the back of the model, on which i set it by rotating the environment map, which is not ideal as i only want to light specific parts of the model. This is why i think some point lights will help immensely.

Also maybe the point light could come with a mask, so we can upload in the properties a alpha mask, and the light will go through that shaped mask, which could create some nice effects on the models when being exported with 2D full baked texture. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources