• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Height and Warp Projection box

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When dropping in an alpha into the height, using Warp Projection, I always get this indented square around the projected texture. I've tried changint the hardness (doesn't work), I've got the layer modifying the height map with "Linear dodge", which should be an "add", and as you can see in the pic below, the background of the alpha texture is black, and shouldn't be adding/subtracting anything. 
What am I missing? How can I get rid of the square indent?

WarpProjectionError.png

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That looks very much like there is no height information from the layer(s) below to blend with. Can you check that there is indeed height information in those other layers (if they are empty then the effect you are seeing is expected) and if not paint in using 0.5 grey (mid value) or black (lowest value). With either of those Linear Dodge show work as expected.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources