• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply texture to different mesh

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mesh for which I auto-generated UVs upon import into Substance Painter. This means (please, correct me if I'm wrong--this is my first SP project) that I have to export the mesh in addition to the textures from SP because I cannot use the textures on the original mesh since the UVs are different.

Here's my problem: After building the textures in SP and exporting the mesh, I noticed an issue that I had to adjust on the imported mesh. This issue could not be fixed on this triangulated mesh--it's a symmetry-related issue--so I had to revert to the original object. Now, I have fixed the issue but I obviously don't want to build the textures for this object from scratch.

My question: How can I import this mesh, to the *same SP project and apply the textures to it?

I hope I make sense of this question! Any help is welcome and appreciated!

TOPICS
Automatic UV unwrapping , Discussion , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

You could try to use the project configuration window (Edit > Project Configuration) with auto unwrap activated. 

GeoffroySC_0-1657024552366.png

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources