• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer add assets to my shelf - Help

Participant ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since the change over I can no longer add new or some old assets to my shelf. I've tried manually adding them where the others are but they still don't show up and now I have a load of brushes from Photoshop showing up as alphas. The main problem for now is why can't I add my new (and some old) assets. Some I've just downloaded from Substance Source. I can add them to the current session but I don't get the option to add them to the shelf! I've have full rights over the Document folder and I've tried changing the rights to Programs folder but, I never had this problem before.  I have assets in the same folder that show up but not others. Before the change over I had no problem adding my assets no matter if they were from ArtStation Substance Share or Source. All my ArtStation ones vanished the minute I change to Adobe's version of SP and some won't show up at all no matter what. So frustrating. I couldn't even work out how to ask in a forum. Is the SP forum closed now?

Thanks. Sorry, I'm seriously frustrated! (understatement)

TOPICS
Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Hi

When I switched to the Adobe version the new assets folder was in a different location to the old. Rather than moving assets, I just added my old "shelf" folder to the library and all assets became visible again after restarting. Have you tried doing that?

2021-09-01_14-12-27.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I switched to the Adobe version the new assets folder was in a different location to the old. Rather than moving assets, I just added my old "shelf" folder to the library and all assets became visible again after restarting. Have you tried doing that?

2021-09-01_14-12-27.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yeah, but, the assets I was wanting still didn't show up. I had to download all my assets again and add them manually to the new folder but still some wouldn't show up and like I said, some are now showing up as alphas that shouldn't be. I've also got many duplicates. It's a mess. I've tried so many ways of getting the assets I want to stay on the shelf I can't even remember all of what is missing until I come to try to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you open an older version of Substance Painter, does the issue persists?

Could you share with me your Libraries location as @davescm did? 

Would you be able to send me some of the resources that can't be loaded in your shelf? I cannot reproduce the issue on my machine. 

Thank You,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the method davescm mentioned didn't work and everything else didn't work, I removed all my assets from the old Substance and deleted it just incase that was causing issues. The location is:

C:\Users\*me*\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Painter\assets\materials\...

I then moved them to my desktop and tried just dragging them to the shelf on the new Pt UI. I can only add to project or session. 

I have just noticed that dave had selected the other folder as 'default' I didn't think it was a case of one or the other so I didn't change the default. However changeing the old Substance Lib to default has worked. Thanks.

I didn't have to do any of this before though, so it doesn't seem like any improvement if you know what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources