• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing baked normals for UDIM

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a change recently in regards to importing a texture map UDIM sequence into Substance?

I have attached two images. The first image shows the settings used to import an OBJ and three seqentially-numbered normal maps. Though it's been a while since I've created a similar project, this is how I've always done it.

However, the second screen shot shows that Substance Painter does not recognize the UDIM sequence, and loads each image individually.  Has something changed, or is this a bug?

TOPICS
UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Hi, 

Have you checked the documentation: your nomenclature seems wrong. Between "skin" and the number for the tiles, you need to put a symbol (either a point or an underscore).

Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are probably trying to import all the sequence images when you only should import one. 

You can refer yourself to either this tutorial or the documentation page

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. However, if I only select Skin1001, as the videos show, the only image from the sequence that gets imported is the 1001 image. It doesn't seem to import the rest of the sequence.

I completely reinstalled Substance (Painter, Designer, and Sampler) and am still having the problem.  Is there a way to install an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Have you checked the documentation: your nomenclature seems wrong. Between "skin" and the number for the tiles, you need to put a symbol (either a point or an underscore).

Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it!

I think I need new glasses. 8-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources