• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to use an opacity layer without affecting other layers in substance painter?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a face model that will be used in my game.

defaultpn0dgt4ighbz_1-1625320633737.png

Players are able to choose the color of their skin color in my game,

defaultpn0dgt4ighbz_2-1625320747254.png

so I want the head to match the skin color they choose, I don't want the skin color to be baked into the textures. Since this prevents me from changing the color in my game engine.

defaultpn0dgt4ighbz_3-1625320806361.png

I'm having a problem, I can't seem to figure out how to not render a base color when I export the textures. Even when I disable any fill layers it then has a grey fill layer baked into the textures that I can't modify. I tried adding an op layer, but then it affects all the other details on my mesh

defaultpn0dgt4ighbz_5-1625320981497.png

Is there a way to have it so the fill layer can be -1 on opacity while still preserving all the other details?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Baking , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Overall I would do this. Only export the base color less the skin color, then in your game you can blend. You would apply the skin color first, then blend overtop the base color which as all the details above apart from the skin color and you'll be able to change everything at will.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would've made everything on a seperate layer so your skin only is split, then you can easily blend any color in your shader to change the skin to anything you want without affecting the eyebrows, mouth, scar, ect... by using a mask. If you use something to change the color completely you'll also alter all the features on the face if they're all merged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Overall I would do this. Only export the base color less the skin color, then in your game you can blend. You would apply the skin color first, then blend overtop the base color which as all the details above apart from the skin color and you'll be able to change everything at will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources