• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parts on my mesh are darker than others

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting my meshes from blender to adobe 3d painter and when I do some parts get darker than others and I dont know what I did wrong someone plz helpScreenshot 2023-04-11 at 10.55.34 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-11 at 10.56.21 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-11 at 10.56.09 PM.png

TOPICS
Baking , Color Management , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Edgar29362859td9f,

We can see from your pictures that your UVs are all overlapping. Each of your UV island should be separate from the others and not overlapping.

If you want to learn more on what are the UVs, you can check this great video from flippednormals.

Have fun with 3D,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I went to UV editing in blender I made it where it said "smart uv project" which made it UV it for me. So your saying that some of my parts are stacking on top of each other making some parts darker than others? and that I should go back and move those parts away from eachother?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 11.51.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your UV map in your last screenshot is very different to that shown in your first post. Provided the islands do not overlap (I normally leave a small gap between each) then it should work fine in Substance. Make sure you are not not unwrapping again when you import to Substance i.e. turn off auto-unwrap in substance import if you have already unwrapped your model.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources